Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Titles for number of posts! - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titles for number of posts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles for number of posts!

We always used to have little names or titles if you achieved a certain numer of posts for example:

0-99 Newbie
    1-100 settling in

etc etc

or maybe we can suggest what the titles should be?!?!

Also, when you hit a certain number of posts maybe we could get points to spend in the EOS magazine shop

Re: Titles for number of posts!

Well, Rob, I have 265 posts and mine hasn't changed yet. Perhaps I will logon tonight and mine will have changed to "Sad person"

I like the points system you suggest, very Tescoesque!

Comment

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
      Well, Rob, I have 265 posts and mine hasn't changed yet. Perhaps I will logon tonight and mine will have changed to "Sad person" !
      ...what about "Insomniac"?
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        ...what about "Insomniac"?
        Not me. I suffer from occupational-narcolepsy. When my wife starts talking about work I fall asleep!

Comment

Not me. I suffer from occupational-narcolepsy. When my wife starts talking about work I fall asleep!
          I wish I could do the same anytime my wife talks to me!
          Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by alannfrost View Post
            I wish I could do the same anytime my wife talks to me!
            AF, Why don't you recommend that she signs up for this forum and give her a notebook (or equivalent). She'll have so much to read she wont have time to talk. G

Comment

Rob,
              Going back to thread...the old forum had historical photo-equipment names as I guess you know, but these were for total number of posts. A more interesting version based on other posts to this thread would be if the formula measured 'posts per month' or 'posts this month' ....then fewer categories would be needed and there would be more variety in the rankings.....it would also kill the propensity to post for postings sake.
              Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by Manipulator View Post
                ....it would also kill the propensity to post for postings sake.
                Gerald
                What? You mean like this?

Comment

I think having a rank based soley on number of posts is a bit silly... You end up with the whole "duplicate post please ignore" senario which gets a little out of hand. If there is to be a ranking system it should be in such a way that people can rate individual posts based on how useful or educated the contents are. That way you will be able to recognize the people who clearly know what they're talking about.

Mike
                  www.mikesivyer.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mickyjegero View Post
                    ...If there is to be a ranking system it should be in such a way that people can rate individual posts based on how useful or educated the contents are. That way you will be able to recognize the people who clearly know what they're talking about.

Mike
                    That's a really good idea. I wonder if it's possible with this software?

Comment

I'm not sure it's necessary – after a while you get to know who's who in the zoo and can tell who knows their stuff and who doesn't.

Take me for instance – I KNOW NOTHING!
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Take me for instance – I KNOW NOTHING!
                        Sorry to get all Zen about this, but that isn't true. If you know nothing then you know that you know nothing, and so you know something.

And before you say it... I'm off the Hawkes Bay this week as I'm on antibiotics. Bad mix.

Comment

I'm off the Hawkes Bay this week as I'm on antibiotics. Bad mix.
                          That's not a bad mix that's value for money! I know something – I just don't know what it is!
                          Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X