Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Challenge 2011 - Results

Hi All,

As promised here are the top three pictures as voted for by the registered forum members.

Well done to Colin C and Muscat.
    I'd like to thank everyone who entered the competition. Your contribution has made this competition a really enjoyable event. Those of you who have voted, again I would like to give you all a big thank you.
    Everyone else – the 2,600 + views of the thread alone – I hope you, like me, enjoyed viewing a fabulous set of shots.
    Still to follow this weekend:
    Top fifteen photos with number of votes
    What Lenses were used in the competition?
    What Bodies were used in the competition?
    Regards
    Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: End Of Year Challenge 2011 - Results

Superb! Congratulations
    Last edited by secondintime; 01-02-2012, 21:14.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Well done guys, Colin C - what an absolutely stunning shot, if that isn't printed and on the wall I want to know why not!

Not been here long but would like to personally thank Graydon for a terrific job - well done sir

.DAVID.
      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Congratulations, Colin C and Muscat. A terrific trio of photographs, right at the top of a wonderful collection of submitted images. They hit the nail on every count. Something for the rest of us to aspire to!

Graydon, thank you a thousand times for the outstanding way in which you have run this showcase. How you found the time and energy to do it all I'll never know. And more to come!
        Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Many many congratulations Great shots.

Well done for not only the leading three photos, but to everyone that entered the showcase... and Graydon. Thank you. You've been a great host.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Well done Colin and Muscat! Great shots, and deserving winners, all three!

Graydon - many thanks for such a great job. Looking forward to seeing what else comes out of this showcase.

Excellent job. All the best, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Well done to the winners and the organiser.

Raj
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

Congrats to Colin C and Muscat + Graydon, the organiser. Very enjoyable. Is it possible for each photo to show the number of votes it received? This is only a suggestion but might help members to do better.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Great work Colin, well done. I do find it interesting that all 3 winners are nature shots, which may something about our viewers, since there so many genere's in photography.

Comment

well done folks, well deserved winners
                    My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Well done to Colin.

Comment

Graydon,

Fantastic job organising and running this competition thanks for putting in the effort.

Colin, fabulous shots as usual and well worth the 1st and 2nd places.

Comment

Congratulations to both Colin for the top 2 picks & to Muscat for 3rd place. All three are fine shots, but the Top prize goes to Graydon for putting this all together, tabulating & then posting the winners. If I wore a hat, then it would be hats off to you Graydon.

Tom

Comment

Hmmm ........................ I don't know what to say?

Well, thank you would be a good start. Thank you for your votes and thank you for your very kind comments.

Well done Muscat for a very fine shot. I have tried on a few occassions to get that shot and failed miserably, so you have achieved what I haven't been able to. Well done from me, as well as all the other members that voted for you.

Finally, many thanks to Graydon for conceiving and delivering this competition and it's results. A lot of planning, hard work and sweat and tears went into this and it is well appreciated.

Now I'm off for a celebratory cup of tea, maybe even push the boat out and have Earl Grey. Dare I wake up "She Who Must be Obeyed" and tell her the news? Hmmm, best not ...................... too risky - let sleeping dragons be!

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

As has been said and will be said many times...Congratulations to Colin and Muscat for entering such great shots and congratulations to Graydon for running such a tremendous competition.

I really hope that Robert makes a special mention in the EOS Magazine about this competition as it deserves as much publicity as possible and in particular all the images that were entered.

David
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X