Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Showcase 2011 - Full results and information about kit used

All,

As promised here is the final leader board. I have capped it to show pictures with ten points or more*.

I have made a judgement call on each genre so forgive me if you feel I’ve put a picture into the wrong category; it wasn’t part of the competition so again just shown for interest.

Final Leader Board

I also took the Exif information to view lens and body information and I hope you find the data interesting. I do not think you can draw any solid conclusions because composition, subject and photography skills all play a factor. Still, I felt it was good to see what we were using for what, and getting what we felt was our best photos out of.

Lenses Used, presenting the total points collected across all votes

Bodies Used, presenting the total points collected across all votes

(( Do it again next year??? ))

ENJOY!

Graydon

* If individuals want to know more about their individual data then please contact me before the end of February on the email address you submitted your entries to
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: End Of Year Showcase 2011 - Full results and information about kit used

Graydon

I'm truly impressed by everything you've pulled together for the EOYS! It's been said before, but this wouldn't have happened without you, so a BIG thank you from me.

I 'was' really looking forward to the stats, and they are impressive, with a some very useful and interesting information.
    I'm now not sure it was such a good idea, as I don't figure anywhere at all! lol

I think I have to try a bit harder! Good job I like a challenge!

Well done, sir. Great job. You deserve a medal!

Well done everyone who took part too (me included!).

All the best, Mike.

P.S. Yep, run it again this year, definitely gets my vote!
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

let me try again (don't know where my last input went?).
      Thanks again Graydon, loads of hard work for you but a fascinating contest with some cracking images. Please do it again next year (if you have the energy and time)
      Brian
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Many thanks Graydon for putting in the time and effort to organsie this

Brian
        ef-r

Comment

I agree with every word that Mike has said (right down to not appearing at all!). To ask you to do it all again, Graydon, sounds like cruelty but I can't think who would do such a great job.
          Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Grayson, a fabulous set of stats with very detailed and interesting data.

As folks have said a BIG thank you for all the effort that you have put in and another definite yes for a 2012 competition if it can be organised

Comment

Impressive work Graydon. Very interesting stats. I recon you'll have your work cut out for next years EOYS as there will, more than likely, be more entries !!
              Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

I can't say anything more than to echo the others- Well done Gradon.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Ditto here, Graydon. The words have been said so from me, Thank You so very much for a well run & presented contest. Your the best.

Tom

Comment

Well done Graydon.

The stats are an added bonus and make interesting reading, though it looks like I need to get hold of a 7D.

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

don't say that Colin - I've just got rid of mine and got a 5Dmk2!
                      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Originally posted by oldcanon View Post
                        don't say that Colin - I've just got rid of mine and got a 5Dmk2!
                        and I got rid of mine and bought a 1Ds3
                        ef-r

Comment

Graydon

Its all been said above but I would still like to add my thanks for all your time and effort. If you are prepared to go through all it all again this year I am sure it well get even more support!

Andrew
                          Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                            The stats are an added bonus and make interesting reading, though it looks like I need to get hold of a 7D.
                            ...to bring you down to the standard of the rest of us!

Seriously, great job all round. The stats are fascinating, and even if I won nothing, I'm proud of the fact that I'm the only one to have used one of the lenses so there's something unique about me!
                            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                              ...to bring you down to the standard of the rest of us!
                              I suspect even a 300D would manage that
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X