Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Open

All,

We seemed to enjoy the End of Year Showcase 2011, so after some consultations, new proposals and reviews here’s this year’s End of Year Showcase. Please read the rules carefully as things have been 'tweaked'.

To help those busy during the run up to Christmas, you may start to send your entries in now, a month sooner than originally planned.

Good luck everyone - let's have some fun.

The Idea:
    A great opportunity to share our best photos of the year, and because the theme and time span are so wide, the quality should be very high! I am certainly looking forward to seeing the best we have. For people who like a little bit of a challenge this may be a good way to finish the year. If you don’t like competitions you can just enjoy looking at other peoples work; I know I do.

In brief:
    Choose up to five of your best images, any theme or style. Ensure your images are a maximum of 1024 pixels along its widest/longest edge and the file size no more than 1Meg in size. The EXIF data must be kept intact. The images must have been taken by you using a Canon EOS camera between 1st January 2012 and 31st December 2012 and be in jpeg format. The images will be posted in a temporary album during January when people can submit anonymous votes for their favourites – Everyone can be a ‘judge’ – you’re voting for the best pictures in your opinion.

Prize:
    None, other than the right to use “Winner of the EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2012” in forum signature. But you don’t have to... It's just for fun.

Rules:
    Entry:
    1. Photos must have been taken (dated in EXIF) between 1st January 2012 and 31st December 2012 inclusive and arrive in the organisers inbox (see email details below) before the midnight on the 31st December 2012.
    2. You must be the photographer who created the images and a registered user of the eos-magazine-forum in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous (No water marks or distinguishing features)
    3. You must ensure your images are a maximum of 1024 pixels along its widest/longest edge, be in Jpeg format and the file size must not exceed 1 Meg (the EXIF data must be intact so that this can be verified by the organiser)
    4. Entries should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders, and must have been taken using a Canon EOS camera.
    5. Images should be sent to the photo_63@hotmail.co.uk and you must indicate in the email (a) your real name, (b) your forum name and (c) a title for each of your photos and (d) which category you photo fits into. Please put “EOS Photos” in the email subject line. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.
    6. Entries submitted to previous challenges or to the forum for general C&C will be eligible providing all the other rules/conditions specified in these rules are met.
    7. You need to be registered on eos-magazine-forum to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).
    8. Up to five entries are permitted for this challenge, but only three can be in the same category. But if you want to withdraw an entry, or replace it, this is allowed providing it is done before the closing date for entry and you make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser what you want doing - so ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

Categories:
    • Landscape photography - Landscapes, seascapes and the urban landscape.
    • People and portraits - Portraits, travel and street photography.
    • Nature photography - Animals, flowers and other living things.
    • Sport and action photography - All sports and action.
    • Transport - Cars, bikes, ships, boats, planes, etc.
    • Macro photography - Close-ups of any subject.
    • Black and white, HDR, Colour Popping, Infra Red and any other photographic 'technique'
    • Anything else

Voting:
    1. All registered members of the eos-magazine-forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
    2. Those who submit entries may NOT vote for their own photo.
    3. Voters should list their five choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
    4. Points will be allotted as follows: Five points to first choice, four to second choice, three to third choice, two to fourth choice and one to fifth choice.
    5. This showcase is just for fun and by entering or voting you accept to abide by the rules and spirit of this competition, and acknowledge that the decision of the challenge organiser is final.
    6. Photos will be posted during January 2013 for registered users to vote upon.
    7. Votes will be accepted up to the midnight on the 11th January 2013.
    8. Results will be announced the following weekend
    9. The pictures will be removed from the temporary Album before the end of March 2013.
    Last edited by jonesgj; 04-11-2012, 10:29.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Open

And we're off.
    Received the first entries and they're a great.
    Looks like starting early for entries may ease the pressure on the run up to Christmas.

Comment

Slowly, slowly. I received another entry today. Great stuff!

Comment

Even more pictures received and some real crackers in the collection already.

Don't be shy, get those pictures in.

Comment

They keep tumbling in...

Comment

just wondering whether mine popped through at the other end of the email okay.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

I think I pressed send without all my details.............
              My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
              © JH Foto
              The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Some great work here.
                Sorry Di, I try and confirm entries every few days.

Comment

If you are struggling resizing your pictures these instructions made last year may help. NOTE the longest side can now be 1024 not 800

Comment

A Little Bump ... I have received a few more pics, but have not have much time these past couple of weeks to work on them. I'm sure there are plenty more to come so I'm setting aside time next weekend to review any I have by then.

Comment

Just another little bump. I haven't been present on the forum as much as id like to be - work - but I hope to have time this weekend checking the entries in so far.

### Compared with last year we're down on the number of entries at this stage, so come-on guys, I know there's some fabulous work out there this year that would make a great showcase. Remember this is just for fun! ###

Comment

Sorting mine as we speak / type - be with you shortly sire.

.DAVID.
                        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Hi There,

Being an old technophobe I am struggling with something which is in the rules to enter the Showcase.

I can't seem to make my Exif available to view in the pic's I upload to the Forum via Flickr.

I have checked within Flickr and I have NOT ticked the box to hide the Exif but when I upload to the Forum, if I click on one of my Pic's it says there is no EXif available.......Help Needed!!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Mine sent and I think I have followed the rules.
                            Colin

Comment

Paul

I resized my photos using infraview (free programme downloadable) and then sent the images via email.

My exif details are hidden on flickr and I have to be signed in to my account if I want to see it.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X