End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Congratulations to everyone who entered, and thanks to those who took the time to view and vote.

I hope you agree with me that the standard is very high and even those who weren't category winners, were superb in their own right.

In no particular order ...

People and Portraits

AndyMackie

Emily
    (Canon EOS 5D Mark III EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM)

Nature

ColinC

Aerial Ballet
    (Canon EOS-1D Mark IV EF500mm f/4L IS USM)

Black and White +

Jaymbee1

Lifeboat house
    (Canon EOS 7D Sigma 10-20mm)

Transport

Neilly

Catalina Flying Boat
    (Canon EOS-1D Mark IV EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x)

Landscape

ColinC

Twin Sails Bridge
    (Canon EOS-1D X EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM)

Sport and Action

RODELICIOUS

Tri United 2 Triathlon
    (Canon EOS 7D EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM)

Photo technique ... Anything Else

Muscat

Smoking
    (Canon EOS 5D Mark III EF50mm f/1.8 II)

Macro ... and OVERALL Winner

ColinC

Point of impact
    (Canon EOS-1D X EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM)

Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: End Of Year Showcase 2012 - Category Winners

Superb and worthy winners selected from what were all incredible entries by everyone. Well done guys.

Colin, what can I say but well done, 3 winners! and the overall winner, fantastic, very well done. Hope you read the small print that said the winner buys everyone a pint!

Graydon, you are a complete star, for setting this all up again, it must be like herding cats trying to sort us lot out and you handled it just perfect, timely and professionally. So a big thanks to you.

Again, well done to everyone that entered, and a special congratulations the the category winners, and the over all Winner Colin.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Congratulations to every category winner and especially to Colin C.

A huge thank you to Graydon for this fabulous competition
      David

Comment

Super work all round, and a hearty congratulations to all the worthy winners.

Roger
        Nostalgia is ok...not as good as it used to be though

Comment

Well done to all the winners and participants.
          Raj
          Raj
          Flickr

Comment

Colin, a wonderful achievement, congratulations. And Well done to all the other category winners; the standard was formidably high.

But greatest congratulations and thanks to Graydon for another challenge superbly organised and executed.
            Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Congratulations to all the Category Winners, all are Superb Pic's, well done too to everyone who entered a series of pictures to be voted on.

Graydon, As someone else said previously the real winners are all of us, the EOS Forum Members for having you conduct the competition in such a professional way, I can't begin to imagine the time you must have spent on it for a second year running too.

Regards Paul

Comment

Congratulations to all. Very inspirational.

Ian
                EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Well done Graydon for organising an excellent 2012 Showcase. A really, really well done to Colin - great achievement - 3 cat winners + overall winner - superb effort, mate A big well done to Muscat, too - great picture Well done to everyone who entered some great pictures - no mistake. And the "and finally" bit - thanks to everyone who voted for my Catalina picture. After a very trying week your votes have made me feel a little better - thanks ever so much, its really appreciated.

Neil
                  Neilly's Flickr Page
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                  Facebook
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

A massive well done to all the category winners.

Graydon, As someone else said previously the real winners are all of us, the EOS Forum Members for having you conduct the competition in such a professional way, I can't begin to imagine the time you must have spent on it for a second year running too.
                    I totally agree with this Graydon.
                    EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners. Well deserved as they are all excellent images.

Tom

Comment

Superb winners, really exceptional entries this year.

Well done to all the Category winners, and well done to Colin from me for a great overall winner shot.

Obviously the fantastic quality of entries ensured I just missed out again (!), but they are all very inspirational, so thanks you from me to all who entered.

Last, but not least, Well Done Graydon... another well run EOYS, very professional and prompt! Nicely done, you deserve a medal!

All the best, Mike.
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I feel very humble that so many of you voted for me and also very delighted. Although it is very wet and miserable outside, it is a very sunny place at my computer as I type this.

Well done to everyone who entered and especially so to the category winners; I have just double checked my votes and I have actually voted for all of the other winners, so it is equally nice when the majority also agree.

Graydon you ol' dog .......you've pulled it off again. I can only begin to imagine the amount of effort involved in making this work and it must be even worse psychologically, when entries and votes are slow to trickle in, but a huge sigh of relief when that trickle turns into a rush. Very well done once again.
                          Colin

Comment

Well done everyone who entered I have been inspired by all of your work.

Congratulations to all category winners and well done Colin! it was my favorite too.
                            Chris
                            Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Well done everyone, some cracking images there. Thanks to Graydon for doing such a good job too
                              Elaine

1Ds mk III;
                              24 - 105 f4 L is; 300 f4 L is
                              580 EX; 580 EX II; ST-E2

My Flickr

My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X