Challenge 65 – Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 65 – Trees

My apologies to all for the delay I have been away for the weekend without internet.

I have a fascination with trees and their individuality so 'Trees' are my challenge. The canvas is completely open, colour or black and white. As this is first for me in every way, a title will be a great help to interpret the thought behind the image. Good luck.

The standard competition rules apply:
    • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • The period of the competition shall be approx 14 days: starting immediately from Tuesday19th March until Midnight on Monday 1st April.

• One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use a Canon DSLR.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, no comments, on images until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • The guest ‘judge’ will pick 1st 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM them to discuss their choices).
    Last edited by Coryman; 18-03-2013, 22:11. Reason: Typo
    Ian

Re: Challenge 65 – Trees

My entry

GS8R2671x.jpg
    ef-r

Comment

IMG_0685 by jimmy r 1992, on Flickr

Comment

first post probably got it wrong the title was Face of the Tree

Comment

Donkey Spirit Tree......

Donkey Tree by djguk47, on Flickr
          David

Comment

Rusty Old Christmas Tree

Rusty Old Christmas Tree by C J Lee, on Flickr

Settings:
            1/160 f4.5 ISO 200 28mm
            Chris
            Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

You will not stop me eating all the buds

5D3, 400mm f5.6 @ f9, ISO 800, 1/320 handheld

Comment

Planted in 1805 on the instructions of Lady Mildmay to provide wood for shipbuilding following the Napoleonic War, the original oaks are slowly dying.

Howl, O ye oaks (Zechariah 11) 800px by PhotographyRussell, on Flickr
                Russell
                Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

A solitary tree, exposed to the elements.

Solitude by Secondintime., on Flickr

EOS 60D, 1/400 @ f/4, ISO 100, 24-105 f/4L @ 58mm.
                  Last edited by secondintime; 26-03-2013, 16:28.
                  Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

A Lesser Spotted shoe Tree (Minorem Maculosis Calceus Arbor)
                    by Texas
                    EOS 60D
                    EF 24-105mm f4 L IS USM
                    1/5"
                    f4
                    ISO100
                    Last edited by Texas; 29-03-2013, 23:42. Reason: To include EXIF details

Comment

The Tree
                      EOS-M w/EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
                      1/400 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 100

Comment

Darntkonkatree

Camera Canon EOS 500D
                        Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
                        Aperture f/10.0
                        Focal Length 60 mm
                        ISO Speed 100
                        Exposure Bias 0 EV
                        Flash Off, Did not fire
                        Last edited by DeeGee; 27-03-2013, 21:08.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Coryman View Post
                          My apologies to all for the delay I have been away for the weekend without internet.

I have a fascination with trees and their individuality so 'Trees' are my challenge. The canvas is completely open, colour or black and white. As this is first for me in every way, a title will be a great help to interpret the thought behind the image. Good luck.

The standard competition rules apply:
                          • The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
                          • The period of the competition shall be approx 14 days: starting immediately from Tuesday19th March until Midnight on Monday 1st April.

• One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
                          • Please use a Canon DSLR.
                          • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
                          • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
                          • No Photoshop frames and borders.
                          • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
                          • Please, no comments, on images until the round is over.
                          • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
                          • The guest ‘judge’ will pick 1st 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM them to discuss their choices).

PIC SIZE is that 800mm square or what???

Many thanks
                          Alun

Comment

Alun

800px widest, so on Di's submission above the vertical dimension is 800px, the horizontal is smaller and scaled. Look forward to your submission.
                            Russell
                            Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Tree, unwrapped.

Tree unwrapped by AlexR!, on Flickr
                              EOS 7D, 9 images stitched, all at: ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/60s, 17-85 lens at 53mm
                              Canon EOS 7D
                              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                              X