Tut tut ..... some of us have to work for a living you know

jhdee
    jhdee

Comment

Re: New Competition

Originally posted by jhdee View Post
      Tut tut ..... some of us have to work for a living you know

jhdee
      Hmmm, yes ..................... I appreciate that could be quite inconvenient!

Colin
      Colin

Comment

It is quite possible that Les doesn't know that he has won OR he is sick- one can fall ill suddenly as happened to me. So in fairness to all the old and new competitors another rule could be set up- IF the MAJORITY of members agree. The winner should set the new theme within one week .If this is not possible, then the runner up should be requested to set the theme, with a PM being sent to the winner explaining what has happened. This continuity,without a break, will prevent the competition disappearing from the scene
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Agree ........... where is the runner up? Maybe gone away with the winner?
          Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

NO I have not gone away, just been sitting here waiting patiently, well almost :-)

Regards Tony

Comment

I have left a PM for les on his profile, letting him know he won the competition, hope no one minds.

His profile says he is viewing the forum just now ! Don't know how accurate that is.

Regards Tony

Comment

He's confessed. Looks like you're up, mate.

Credit to him for admitting to an innocent mistake. Still a fantastic image. Does mean the suggestion of reposting the rules for each competition is a good one.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

We all make mistakes.

Even "She Who Must be Obeyed" admitted to one once ............................ marrying me!

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                    He's confessed. Looks like you're up, mate.

Credit to him for admitting to an innocent mistake. Still a fantastic image. Does mean the suggestion of reposting the rules for each competition is a good one.
                    Re-posting the rules for each and every competition becomes tedious. Just one amendment about the 1 week time limit for the winner to set the theme, failing which the funner up to step in and set the theme.This can be added to "Millie's rules". I feel that Tony has done the correct thing by informing Les via a PM.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

How about the management posting the rules as a "sticky" or locked thread at the head of this section - then everybody knows where to find the rules

jhdee
                      jhdee

Comment

Anyway, I was premature. new competition up. Thinking cap on.
                        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                        X