Forum challenge 25 "Your Town"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum challenge 25 "Your Town"

As this is my first time at setting a challenge, I'm going to pick something that should be easy for everyone to have a go at, I did think about having a topic to do with this weekend wedding, but thought there was too little time before and too long after the event so a nice simple one Your Town

Capture a moment that defines life in your town.

Runs from 28th April to 12th May (14 Days )

Challenge Rules
    Last edited by Mark; 28-04-2011, 09:43. Reason: Made challenge 14 days as per new rules.

Re: Forum challenge 25 "Your Town"

What about a link to the rules (for newcomers and those of us with bad memories!)?
    Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Hi Mark / Garrett

I think the link Garret has provided is to the original rules, whereas we have now added an additional time element.

I believe the current rules are as per the following link...

Challenge Rules

Just trying to avoid any confusion!

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thank you , Mike. I wish I knew how to do links!
        Garrett

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Dalton square by ricewind72, on Flickr

heres my go
          EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

My town as I most frequently see it........
            ...... from the computer chair by the window as I am typing this.
            Solihull probably derives from "soily hill" of old, with the parish church in prime position on top of that hill.
            I see its spire across the rooftops from my computer room, so this is how I most frequently see "my town".

Actually, the views over the town from the spire are quite something, but I've only managed to get up there once.

50D + 24-105L.

Cheers, Chris.
            Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Standard Quay over looking Lower Brents.

For those who may be interested this link gives some history about the Thames Barge Westmoreland that is in the lighter http://www.edithmaybargecharter.co.uk/westmoreland-restoration/

Comment

My first attempt at a 'Challenge', but as Mark said when setting the challenge, this one is something everyone should be able to have a go at.

Here on Speyside we are at the centre of the whisky industry. Within a 5 mile radius of home there are more than 15 distilleries. However this one is right here in our village, and typifies our industrial side. So hopefully it fits in with the Challenge.

50D, 17-40L, 250th at f8. ISO 100.

Comment

Colchester, roman Victorian and modern all in one shot :)

http://www.rpic.co.uk/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
                  http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
                  https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

'Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross, to see a Fine Lady on a White Horse'

Statue in Banbury Town Centre.

Comment

First Holy Communion Day for the children of our local schools
                      Garrett

Comment

I can't submit my post!
                        All I get is 'The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.'
                        - time now 22:22 on the closing date!

I'll try later!

UPDATE - been trying to post for the last hour and a half. Given up now, going to bed. Sorry not to have been able to post for this comp, as it was set with the intention of enabling everyone to contribute! Technology eh!

UPDATE - 7:45 Friday 13th! Still can't upload my entry. Will try later but appreciate now past closing date / time!
                        UPDATE 2. Tried from work as well, but same issue which is not surprising at it appears to be a Forum issue! Looks like I'm stuffed for this comp, so I'd suggest you carry on judging without my entry!
                        Pants!
                        UPDATE Fri lunchtime - it's worked now!
                        Last edited by mikep; 13-05-2011, 11:10. Reason: Still fed up.
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

As there looks to be a problem on the forum , lets extend the closing date a couple of days till midday Sunday.

Comment

I think thats a good idea mark
                            EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

I agree.
                              Garrett

Comment

Working...
                              X