No announcement yet.

Challenge 173 Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder challenge closing at midnight tonight.

Comment

The challenge is now closed, will give you my comments and results later today.

Comment

Here are my results and comments on each shot, done purely as an amateur and my opinions.

John Leah. Super moon.
        Clarity on both the moon and the ship was outstanding, so sharp.

John Liddell. No grass cutting.
        Cowslips one of my favourite flowers, clever skill popping the yellow, as you know not something I would do , but well executed.

David ( count). Morning Walk.
        your yellow with the blue sky behind it shows it off well, but looks a bit soft.

Jock. Unidentified Flower.
        wish I could get my yellow as clear and sharp as that, like that John.

Nigel. Yellow Tulip.
        A very sharp tulip, but found the light background doesn’t show the flower at its best.

Chriss ( Stackman). Follow the sign.
        when I looked on Flickr I got closer to the signs and found that it improved the shot, though liked how the path led you away.

Rose. Fishing Boat.
        Two yellow elements in one shot, well done, slight tilt to the sea, but a well composed shot.

Ian. Castle Slide.
        A well thought out shot, wouldn’t see me riding on it. Again a very sharp image.

Jim. Wasp.
        What a pity it wasn’t facing towards you, focus good on the wing and body, bit soft around the head.

Tracy. Rose.
        Only joined the forum this month and we will look forward to more wonderful images if they are like this. Pity you didn’t put it on via Flickr as I could not get a date of when you actually took the image. ( see my pms to you)

Brian. Keep Left.
        Not sure if this was a political statement or not, but you sure have got to grips with the R6 . Great image.

Bo. Italian Garden.
        lovely image, bit to much stonework and not enough yellow for the challenge for me though.

So my order is as follows.
        3rd Chris’s ( Stackman)

2nd Tracy Rose.

1st Brian Keep Left.

well done Brian, look forward to your challenge, loved judging this one and thanks to all for entering. Dave

Comment

Congratulations Brian on your first place and to the other podium placees, well done.
          Thank you Dave for a well run competition, and your comments - a good choice of subject which produced great images from all entries.

I look forward to the next competition.

Rose

Comment

Congratulations Brian and well done to Tracy & Chris. And thanks to David for setting the challenge, the judging and the comments.

Look forward to your new challenge Brian.

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Grateful thanks to David for setting and judging a stimulating challenge.

Congratulations to those on the podium and I look forward to the next challenge from Brian.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well done to the podium people , in particular to Brian.
                And grateful thanks to David for setting and fine comments
                Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Well done everyone

Comment

Congratulations to all especially the top three. All worthy entries and thanks to David for setting an interesting challenge.

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Wow! .........I'm so please with that....its made my day!
                      Congratulations to my podium partners
                      thanks everyone and thanks to Dave for setting and judging the challenge.
                      .....I was concerned it was a bit too processed but I'm leaning towards maximum impact recently.....lots of good entries ...I especially liked Tracey's Rose

I'll start thinking about the next challenge.....
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                      X