Challenge 198. Out of Place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 198. Out of Place.

Looking through old challenges for inspiration I came across Challenge 101 with the above title. Look it up for inspiration, some great ideas for you on there, so anything that looks out of place in real life would be my preference.

I heartedly encourage everyone regardless or whether you are new or shy or who have never considered entering to join in - I have learnt much from friendly feedback and joining in.
    Get your brain cells working, pick up your camera and think "out of place" where ever you look.

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I’ll do my best to give friendly feedback and to find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind my strictly amateur status and limited experience. I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight 31st August (BST).

I look forward to seeing your entries.

Good luck, but most importantly fun and enjoy yourself.

Litter on the beach. Spotted on my early walk (and yes, I did pick it up...)

Out of place by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

This is definitely out of place, I think that it is a field cricket Chorthippus albomarginatus, it was taken on an upstairs bedroom carpet. Goodness knows how it got there.

Field Grasshopper by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

High and dry. Seen on the banks of the river Thames.

Out of place by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Chris

Comment

Definitely out of place, falling feather stuck in a web this morning on the patio
          R10 RF 100-400mm lens
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ive been hunting the whole month for an image to post in this challenge. finaly found one.
            I showed this to my wife asking "whats out of place?" she couldn’t see it - see if you can, I think it’s obvious!

Edit. should have used a different title on Flickr :)

​​Digger Line by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
            Last edited by Glezga; 30-08-2023, 18:37.
            Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Loo Bench

Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The challenge is now closed and I will try and give the results later today.

Comment

Firstly what a pleasure to see the way the entries conveyed such a good interpretation of the challenge and the high quality of the shot's. I have studied all of the entries and found it fairly difficult to separate the podium positions, but this is my order of merit after a few comments

Rose. Litter on the Beach.
                  A great shot Rose. The clarity of the bottles and pebbles in front of it was so sharp. I feel the breakwater in the top right of the shot a bit distracting maybe just a view out to sea would have improved the image.

Ian. Field Cricket.
                  I agree with you Ian definitely out of place, well done for seeing it and managing to get such a close up of it. If it would have been me I would have had the wrong lens on the camera and it would be gone on my return.

Chris. High and Dry.
                  Well spotted Chris. What I like about this shot is how how you managed to catch the sun on the the left, the shade on the right and the darkness of the buried boat.

Alan. Feather.
                  Loved this shot Alan. Though I do wish you had put it on via Flickr, so that I could have seen it closer and verified the date taken. You have captured the detail in the feather and the faint web and the background helped.

Steven. Digger Line.
                  Well spotted Steven. Glad you found it in time for the challenge. I was distracted by all the objects around the line and digger if it was possible to have gone round to the left and ignored the other items, it would also have caught the sun more on the digger. The 18-55 lens is serving you well.

Peter. Loo Bench.
                  What a loo-dicrous shot Peter (sorry I couldn't resist that one ).Cannot make up my mind if the if the door adds to the shot or not? If the bench and flower display on the ground was moved 6" to the left would it still make a balanced shot? The sharpness and brightness makes it an excellent entry.

So my order of preference for the podium is:-
                  3rd Chris.
                  2nd Rose
                  1st Alan.

So well done Alan and over to you for the setting the next challenge.
                  Dave
                  Last edited by Daisy M; 01-09-2023, 14:40.

Comment

Well done everyone and thank you Dave for the challenge.

Comment

Thank you Dave for setting the Challenge, judging and comments, a challenge which had me thinking (that is always good!).
                      Great pics from everyone, well done.

Well done Chris on your podium place and congratulations to Alan on your win - I look forward to your challenge.

Rose.

Comment

Well done to all entrants and to Dave for setting and giving great feedback on all of the images
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for choosing my picture I will give the next topic some thought and post it soon

Comment

Well done to all the podium places, and thanks to David for the Challenge and the judging.

Ian
                            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
                            X