Challenge 199 Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 199 Weather

The Weather has been unpredictable this summer but whatever the weather there is always a photo opportunity

Get your brain cells working, pick up your camera and think "Weather” where ever you look.

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

I’ll do my best to give friendly feedback and to find a winner based on my criteria stated above, bearing in mind my strictly amateur status and limited experience. I have absolutely no qualifications other than I know what I like.

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshopc frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight 30th September (BST).

I look forward to seeing your entries.

Good luck, but most importantly fun and enjoy yourself.

Just a bump up

Comment

Weather. first clouds of an approaching front.
      Rose

6O4A0496_1 by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Promise of another fine day

Sunrise Sunday 10th by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Comment

Sunrise lights up the sky and gives a good reflection on the sea
          8X6A3576 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Change of weather.

Late Summer!
            by Nigel Winters, on Flickr
            Nigel
            EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

The Sun Trying...

Glenshane by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
              Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Thank you for the entries submitted. There are some great photos of weather and it has been extremely hard to decide on the best three, but here goes with comments first not that I consider myself to be an expert in judging.

Rose: "first clouds of an approaching front"
                A great study of clouds and minimalistic style

Chris: "Promise of another fine day"
                A lovely sunset photograph with some nice foreground detail very well exposed

Ian: "Sunrise lights up the sky and gives a good reflection on the sea"
                A different take on a sunrise, from the air, I like the cloud reflections and the hint of land to the right

Nigel: "Change of weather."
                This really sums up summer weather the splash of red and yellow under the umbrella against the dull background really works, the only distraction is the second umbrella

Steve: "The Sun Trying..."
                A very nice photograph the sun rays have been well caught, I love the way the 2nd row of hills have been lit up leaving the foreground in silhouette again well exposed to she details in the hills.I might have just cropped a bit off the sky at the top but that is just me probably.

you have all made it very difficult to choose the top three but my choice are

3rd: Nigel "Change of Weather"
                2nd: Chris "Promise of another fine day"
                1st: Steve "The Sun Trying..."

Well done and over to you Steve to set the next Challenge

Comment

Thanks for that AlanCa and thanks for the feedback. Ill get the next challenge started now… Thanks all.
                  Last edited by Glezga; 02-10-2023, 03:15.
                  Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Well done Steve, shall join in your challenge, well done to the other podium places and for Alan setting it.

Comment

Well done everyone

Comment

Nice work everyone, and well done Steven on winning this month

Comment

Well done everyone and thanks to AlanCA for the challenge and the judging

Ian
                          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thank you Alan for setting the Challenge, judging and your comments.

congratulations to Steve on first place, I look forward to the next Challenge.

well done everyone on your pics.

Rose

Comment

Congratulations to Steve on the win and to Chris for the podium place. Thank you Alan for setting the challenge, for your comments and making the final judgement (the hard part).
                              Nigel
                              EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

Working...
                              X