Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 200 - Halloween

Challenge 200 Halloween

As the challenge ends on All Hallows Eve - why not!
    Here in Derry, they go a bit crazy at Halloween. it’s a close 2nd to St Patrick’s day. Large parade, fireworks, fancy dress and overindulging in alcohol.
    Anything goes, but if you could try for creepy, autumnal, traditional/harvest or other worldly for some fun – witches by moonlight etc - you know the drill…

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

As a beginner, I wont have a lot of feedback to offer but, I’ll go through past challenges for research and try my best.

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight 31st October (BST). I’m actually on a 10 day holiday from that date – I’m taking my laptop (and camera) so might be a slight delay.

I look forward to seeing your entries.

Good luck, but most importantly fun and enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by Glezga; 02-10-2023, 03:12.
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Just a friendly bump back to the top

Comment

Halloween.

Rose

6O4A5022_1 by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

I had planned to use a pic from tonight's bonfire parade but wind and rain finished it off, so you have this instead...

Halloween 01 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Not been out much due to illness so this is the best I can do.

2K7A1941 by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Sorry for lateness guys. I'm on holiday and on my phone with a slow WiFi and I've had 1 too many sangria so I'll be quick. Apologies.

Rose. Great image. Cant get more Halloween than a skeleton. Nice neon light. Perfect atmosphere.

Ian. My 1st though was bohemian rhapsody. I don't yet know how images like that are captured with a pure black background but its impressive.

David. The plastic dracula mask bring my childhood memories of Halloween back. The treats also but the whole image screams Halloween to me. Well done and hope u feel better.

3rd. Ian
            2nd. Rose.
            1st. David.

Again sorry for lateness and if not in exact format. Thanks for taking part guys.

Steve
            Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Well done David and and Rose and thanks to Steve for the challenge, comments and judging,

Look forward to your challenge David

Ian
              Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Wow that was a surprise, what a shame there was not more entries. ThanksSteve for awarding me this honour and great shots from Rose and Ian. Will get my thinking cap on for the next challenge.

Comment

Thanks Steve for setting the Challenge, comments and judging, especially being on your holiday.
                  Congratulations to David on first place and well done to Ian.

I look forward to the next Challenge.

Rose

Comment

Working...
                  X