Challenge 201 Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 201 Chocolate

I was sitting here eating a piece of chocolate trying to think of a subject matter for this months challenge and bingo, chocolate it is. Now I do not care how you interoperate chocolate, be that colour or confectionary or anything else, that is up to you. Something new and refreshing would go down well.
    Let us hope for a few more entries.

Judging will be based on :-

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo based on composition, focus and consideration to the light.
    Having impact. Will I remember your image after I go away from the computer?

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

The closing date for the Challenge is midnight 30th November.

I look forward to seeing your entries.
    ​Dave

A wee chocolate snack on hols...

chocolate by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

The world in chocolate.
      Rose

the world in chocolate 1 by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Chocolate!

Chocolate by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Just a reminder you have only got until Friday to put a shot into the challenge. I bet a few of you are eating chocolate right now or can see the colour. So please add to the three already entered..

Comment

A Sweet Treat

IMG_3215 2.jpg
            Last edited by NathCarr91; 26-11-2023, 16:41.

Comment

A trio of chocolate - I just been to Tesco's shopping

1707 - Trio of Chocolate 1707271123 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

This challenge should finish tomorrow but if you have been following the discussions on the forum about how this challenge has gone down to the small number we have seen over the past year. Plenty of ideas have emerged and with ( we hope) admin’s approval we would like to change the format a bit. Trev B has ( without any pressure) agreed to set the new idea allowing no set subject each month just the winner from the previous month judging it.
                For that reason this months challenge will continue until the 31st of December, allowing the busy period leading up to Christmas to either be free of trying to cover the next subject or others might like to join in. The winner of this challenge would then judge the new designed challenge or pick someone else to judge the first one.
                Hope this is what all contributors to the conversation think is correct if not please put your comments up.
                Dave

Comment

Sounds good to me, I just assumed though that Trev was judging the first 'New' format challenge? And then it would be the winner of that one continuing it and so on? Rather than the winner of this judging the new format. Either way I'm happy to see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by NathCarr91 View Post
                    Sounds good to me, I just assumed though that Trev was judging the first 'New' format challenge? And then it would be the winner of that one continuing it and so on? Rather than the winner of this judging the new format. Either way I'm happy to see how it goes
                    That what I had in mind but it's up to David if he wants to pass the current months winner to judge the new format. I have drafted out a new set of Do's & Don'ts I don't like the word Rules based on the current challenge with a few amendments to cover the new format. I will post them nearer the date.
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

No Trev to judge the first one would be great.

Comment

Just add milk
                        EOS Rudolf2_0710 by Stephen Thompson, on Flickr

Comment

Below are my comments and results, this is the last challenge in the present format. So whoever is at the top of the podium will not be setting the next challenge that will initially be set by Trev B. When he describes the rules for the format. Thanks for those who submitted this challenge, Dave.

my comments.
                          Steven M. Chocolate.
                          like the fact that the cake is the centre of attention and sharp.
                          Rose The World In Chocolate.
                          Does what it says on the tin, great sharp unusual image.
                          Ian, Chocolate Box.
                          Another really sharp shot, the top right dark colour does annoy me a bit.
                          Nat, A Sweet Treat
                          A beautifully composed shot, especially the cocoa drifting down on the top.
                          Trev, Trio
                          Thanks for entering realise not normal for you. I will have the dark chocolate please.
                          Stephen, Just Add Milk.
                          well displayed os an enjoyable gift, well composed and again very sharp.

so in reverse order :-
                          3rd Rose.
                          2nd Steven Mc.
                          1st. Nat.
                          well done all, over to you Trev.

Comment

[QUOTE=
                            well done all, over to you Trev.
                            [/QUOTE]

David Happy New Year. I'm not doing it now, although a few thought my idea was good, a few still wanted to be able to pass comment and and look at the tech side of the shot. Completely different to what I had in mind. I think Nathcarr91 is doing it, I'm not interested anymore.
                            Might be coming up to Spean Bridge again in the spring to do a bit more filming, will keep you up to speed.
                            Trev
                            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

So Nat as you also won the challenge and going to re- organise over to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X