Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Showcase anyone?

All,

I know there are still a few months to go but I wondered if anyone was interested in a “End of Year Showcase”? Each member can submit up to three of their best images taken during 2011 and we all get a chance to enjoy a great set of work and vote on our favourites if we wish.

I organised something like this on the Olympus site a couple of years ago and it went down really well. So well, the guys there ran it again last year (2010) after I had moved on to Canon.

I am happy to run it if the general consensus is that it is a good idea, or be a participant if someone else wants to have a go at running it.

I have edited my old set of rules for you to ponder … and I’ll bump occasionally to ensure everyone gets a look and has a chance to put their thoughts across. Please let me know what you think. If we think this is worth doing I propose the official announcement be on the 1st November.

Kind regards

Graydon

The proposal:

The EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2011

My Idea: A great opportunity to share our best photos of the year, and because the theme and time span are so wide, the quality should be very high! I am certainly looking forward to seeing the best we have. For people who like a little bit of a challenge this may be a good way to finish the year. If you don’t like competitions you can just enjoy looking at the work; I know I do.

In brief: Choose up to three of your best images, any theme or style. Ensure your images are a maximum of 800 pixels along its widest/longest edge, up to 512Kbytes in size and with the EXIF data intact. The images must have been taken by you using a Canon EOS camera between 1st January 2011 and 31st December 2011 and be in jpeg format. The images will be posted in a temporary album during January when people can submit anonymous votes for their favourites – Everyone can be a ‘judge’ – you’re voting for the three best pictures in your opinion.

Prize: None, other than the right to use “Winner of the EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2011” in your forum signature. But you don’t have to

Rules:

Entry:

1. Photos must have been taken (dated in EXIF) between 1st January 2011 and 31st December 2011 inclusive and arrive in my email inbox (see below) before the midnight on the 31st December 2011.
    2. You must be the photographer who created the images and a registered user of the eos-magazine-forum in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous (No water marks or distinguishing features)
    3. You must ensure your images are a maximum of 800 pixels along its widest/longest edge, be in Jpeg format and the file size must not exceed 512Kbytes (the EXIF data must be intact so that this can be verified by the organiser)
    4. Entries should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders, and must have been taken using a Canon EOS camera.
    5. Images should be sent to the challenge organiser and you must indicate in the email (a) your real name, (b) your forum name and (c) a title for each of your photos. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge
    6. Entries submitted to previous challenges or to the forum for general C&C will be eligible providing all the other rules/conditions specified in these rules are met.
    7. You need to be registered on eos-magazine-forum to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).
    8. Up to three entries are permitted for this challenge. But if you want to withdraw an entry, or replace it, this is allowed providing it is done before the closing date for entry and you make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser what you want doing - so ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

Voting:

1. All registered members of the eos-magazine-forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
    2. Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
    3. Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
    4. Points will be allotted as follows: three points to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.
    5. This showcase is just for fun and by entering or voting you accept to abide by the rules and spirit of this competition, and acknowledge that the decision of the challenge organiser is final.
    6. Photos will be posted during January 2011 for registered users to vote upon.
    7. Votes will be accepted from initial posting up to the midnight on the 31st January 2011.
    8. Results will be announced early in the 1st week of February 2011
    9. The pictures will be removed from the temporary Album before the end of March 2012.

Email your entry to.....
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: End Of Year Showcase anyone?

I would be happy to participate

Comment

Good idea.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

Gets my vote

David
          David

Comment

I think this sounds like a very good suggestion.

Ray

Comment

Good idea

Andrew
              Andrew

Comment

Count me in good idea.

Peter
                There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Yep. count me in as well.
                  Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks guys. Really positive so far.
                    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I'll give that a go. :o)
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Definite yes from me, absolutely
                        http://www.rpic.co.uk/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
                        http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
                        https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

Excellent idea, I'm in
                          David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                          All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Daunting but a great idea. Should produce good fun and showcase pictures.
                            Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Excellent idea, i likey! Count me in!

My only concern would be the specified file size, as I'm not sure my best shots get in 512K, but I'll have a look! Whatever I find, I'm happy to go with the flow!

Looking forward to it already!

Regards, Mike.
                              flickr
                              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
                              X