Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2011

The Idea:
    A great opportunity to share our best photos of the year, and because the theme and time span are so wide, the quality should be very high! I am certainly looking forward to seeing the best we have. For people who like a little bit of a challenge this may be a good way to finish the year. If you don’t like competitions you can just enjoy looking at the work; I know I do. Unlike our other competitions images will not be posted in the thread gradually; instead we will see all the pictures at once when the competition ends - a great way to start the New Year period.

In brief:
    Choose up to three of your best images, any theme or style. Ensure your images are a maximum of 800 pixels along its widest/longest edge, up to 800Kbytes in size and with the EXIF data intact. The images must have been taken by you using a Canon EOS camera between 1st January 2011 and 31st December 2011 and be in jpeg format. The images will be posted in a temporary album during January when people can submit anonymous votes for their favourites – Everyone can be a ‘judge’ – you’re voting for the best pictures in your opinion.

Prize:
    None, other than the right to use “Winner of the EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2011” in your forum signature. But you don’t have to...

Rules:
    Entry:
    1. Photos must have been taken (dated in EXIF) between 1st January 2011 and 31st December 2011 inclusive and arrive in the organisers inbox (see email details below) before the midnight on the 31st December 2011.
    2. You must be the photographer who created the images and a registered user of the eos-magazine-forum in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous (No water marks or distinguishing features)
    3. You must ensure your images are a maximum of 800 pixels along its widest/longest edge, be in Jpeg format and the file size must not exceed 800Kbytes (the EXIF data must be intact so that this can be verified by the organiser)
    4. Entries should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders, and must have been taken using a Canon EOS camera.
    5. Images should be sent to the photo_63@hotmail.co.uk and you must indicate in the email (a) your real name, (b) your forum name and (c) a title for each of your photos. Please put “EOS Photos” in the email subject line. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.
    6. Entries submitted to previous challenges or to the forum for general C&C will be eligible providing all the other rules/conditions specified in these rules are met.
    7. You need to be registered on eos-magazine-forum to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).
    8. Up to three entries are permitted for this challenge. But if you want to withdraw an entry, or replace it, this is allowed providing it is done before the closing date for entry and you make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser what you want doing - so ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.
    9. This thread is for advice on resizing or clarification of the rules and not for posting images. However, do feel free to use the thread to let others know you have entered!

Voting:
    1. All registered members of the eos-magazine-forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
    2. Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
    3. Voters should list their five choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
    4. Points will be allotted as follows: Five points to first choice, four to second choice, three to third choice, two to fourth choice and one to fifth choice.
    5. This showcase is just for fun and by entering or voting you accept to abide by the rules and spirit of this competition, and acknowledge that the decision of the challenge organiser is final.
    6. Photos will be posted during January 2012 for registered users to vote upon.
    7. Votes will be accepted up to the midnight on the 31st January 2012.
    8. Results will be announced early in the 1st week of February 2012
    9. The pictures will be removed from the temporary Album before the end of March 2012.

Remember it's just for fun - Good luck!

Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: The EOS-Magazine-Forum End of Year Showcase - 2011

Update: No submissions as yet. Which is okay, plenty of time.
    I have got my list of favourites down to 12 ish.

Comment

Hi

My 3 entries for the EOYS showcase have been submitted! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest in the New Year, as judging by the quality of shots we've seen on the forum over the last year, they should be pretty darn good!

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks for entering Mike - All received safe and sound.
        EXIF (Author, Date, Size and Dimensions) checked okay.
        Good luck.
        Graydon

Comment

Just sent my 3 entries for the EOYS showcase.

Stephen

Comment

Thanks for entering Stephen - All received safe and sound.
            Good luck.
            Graydon

Comment

This might help ........

Rule 6. Entries submitted to previous challenges or to the forum for general C&C will be eligible providing all the other rules/conditions specified in these rules are met

This is specifically to help get as many great pictures submitted to the EOYS as possible and allow people to still contribute their best to the forum during the year.

Comment

Mine are in

Comment

Thanks for entering hhcanon - All received safe and sound.
                  Good luck.
                  Graydon

Comment

And mine should have arrived.
                    Last edited by Digit99; 13-12-2011, 15:07. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Thanks for entering Digit99 - All received safe and sound.
                      Good luck.
                      Graydon

Comment

Mine are on there way.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for entering Di - All received safe and sound.
                          Good luck.
                          Graydon

Comment

Quick summary:

I have received 15 great pictures received so far.

Issues resolved include:
                            • Making sure Exif is complete.
                            • Making sure your picture size and dimensions are correct.
                            • I clarified you can enter pictures already displayed earlier this year.

Don't forget to enter

Comment

And Mine and been sent :)
                              EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Working...
                              X