Forum Challenge No. 39: "Bokeh Christmas"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Challenge No. 39: "Bokeh Christmas"

Spotted this little fellow resting after a hard night's work and before he demolished the last of our Christmas cake!

Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

'Punk' Christmas fairy in front of her tree!

Comment

Thanks every one for posting. There are some really good shots for bokeh, but only 1 did IMO a portrait of a person. However those that used stand-ins had some excellent shots. So here is MHO:

DeeGee - You were the 1st to put in an entry & when I 1st saw this, I felt that this was the one to beat. Love the composition and the colors in this photo.

The Real Swoosh - Loved the simplicity of this shot. A nice warm glow for the holiday season.

Mikep - Nice church setting, but more of the background showing than just the holiday lights, it comes across more blurred IMO.

JackieClements - You were the only one to do a human portrait. A great 1st attempt, but more of the lights in the background would of made a stronger picture.

Chris J - Laughed when I 1st saw this one. The subject is sharp & bright & stands out well with the background.

Richysticky - Loved the perspective of the table setting, my on;y issue with this one, is that I'm not sure what the main subject is for the shot.

Ax2010@eircom.net - Again the background is perfect for this shot. & the foreground is sharp & well exposed.

DianaS - Not sure how you got the little angle to pose for you, but it would be a shot I would use for a Christmas card. Nicely done.

Well that was my round up. Please keep in mind that I'm not an expert in judging photos and I basing the results on what I like, so without further delay

1st place: Chris J

2nd place: Ax2010@eirom.net

Well done to everyone that entered.

Tom

Comment

Tom, thank you very much for your kind judgement of my entry and for proposing and judging the comp. I have to admit I'd never seen the word bokeh before and had to resort to Wikipedia to find the meaning. I live and learn. Apologies for not entering a portrait as your brief had asked.

Well done, Chris. A lovely bright cheery and well-composed picture. Thanks be that you never got to Wales to use the real thing. It's been said before that the ideal result is to come consistently second. I haven't managed the consistently bit yet but I'm glad you won and look forward to your challenge.
          Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Well done Chris

Comment

:) well done to chris and all that entered. :) good luck with the next one :)
              http://www.rpic.co.uk/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
              http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
              https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

Thanks, tesarver, and others for their comments. I do like playing around with out-of-focus lights and enjoyed all the shots posted for this challenge. Certainly Xmas time is good for this, both inside and outside (but we had quite a dull, damp time), but it soon passes - TESCO and others will be clearing their shelves and putting out the Easter eggs now....
                Will post the next challenge tomorrow.
                Cheers, Chris.
                Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Congratulations Chris.

Well done to all who entered.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Congratulations Chris and well done to all who entered some good images submitted.

Ray

Comment

Many thanks to Tesarvar for setting a quite interesting subject, and for judging (not something I'm looking forward to, but judging by my zero success rate at the comp, not something I really need to worry about yet! ).

Congrats to all who enterred, especially Chris - great shot, really like it!

Roll on the next one, I think!

all the best, Mike.
                      flickr
                      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Well done Chris, cool shot! And thank you Tesarver for organising the competition at a busy time of year!

Comment

Working...
                        X