End of year showcase picture sizing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of year showcase picture sizing.

I placed this in a seperate thread to the competition so that it can be found more easily.

I hope the following helps.

Your images need to be 800px along their longest side and the file should be no more than 800K in size.

You can do this using the free software that came with your camera: Digital Photo Professional (DPP) or ZoomBrowser.

In ZoomBrowser find the photo you wish to resize and then select "Export" followed by "Export Still Images"

On the following screen you will be asked to select your export setting.

On this screen you can “Resize the image on export”. To choose your longest size side, depending on whether your image is landscape or portrait tick the appropriate box, and set the slider to 800px

You can choose to change the file type and its quality. It seems to default to BMP so make sure you set this to JPG. Then select “Calculate”. Note the new file size. This needs to be less than 800K. You can reduce the file size by reducing the quality.

In DPP just select the File menu and then the Convert and Save option.

Again you will see similar options to ZoomBrowser regarding size and quality.

I’m not an expert in these tools as I use Photoshop CS5 myself. If you have any questions please post here and I (or maybe someone who has these – or other software) will try and help.

Regards
    Graydon
    Last edited by jonesgj; 31-08-2012, 15:10.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm
Working...
X