Sad day for Kodak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day for Kodak!

Who does not remeber their first Kodak instamatic with affection?

US photography firm Eastman Kodak, the 133-year old company that invented the hand-held camera, files for bankruptcy protection.
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Re: Sad day for Kodak!

Yes crikey, I've still got some Kodak equipment at home, they missed out on the digital age I'm afraid to say.
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I thought they were ahead of their time in developing the first sensors with Nikon, the media seems to be saying they buried their head in the sand as far as digital is concerned? dont know which is right.
      I think they must have made some mistakes in selling deign rights/patents and got into some bad partnership deals.
      they will be back, protected from bankruptcy for a year and with new finance.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Not sure they will be. They seem to have thrown their lot in with printing and whilst digital has killed their film many people never print an image, social sharing seems the way pictures are looked at now for most people. I'm sorry to say but I used to use fujifilm more too.
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
          ...whilst digital has killed their film..
          Err, no it hasn't, their Film division's still profitable.

Comment

Eamon McCabe was talking about this on Today the other morning - he was saying he has a fridge full of Kodak film - especially their Portra film and it still remains his medium of choice for important work.
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Working...
            X