Using ps elements 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ps elements 9

I have Photoshop elements 9 and would like to use it on my photos, so far so good but what do you guys/girls do with your photos? what i mean by that is what things do you do to each shot, i just sharpen them and some times change colour saturation and light but are there other things that could improve my images that aren`t obvious to a beginer like me? many thanks Harvey

Re: Using ps elements 9

would recomend the scott kelby book, it will help you a lot.

Comment

Have a look on You Tube for Photoshop Elements 9 as there are a "shed load" of videos.
      Also go to the Adobe site and have a look at some of the training videos.
      Go to the Scott Kelby website

As mickledore said...have a look at the Scott Kelby books

Your head will explode with the new found knowledge...guaranteed

David
      David

Comment

Thanks guys is it a specific book on ps elements 9

Comment

Scott Kelby books are more generic but very very good as he will tell you what Photoshop Elements is capable of doing. You need an idea of what is possible then a book/video of how to do it.
          If it is a book on Elements 9 then do a search on Amazon as there will be more books than in the National Library.

David
          David

Comment

Apart from the standard levels, curves, saturation, sharpening and maybe a bit of cloning, you need to learn how to do selections to make new layers. That opens up the magic of Photoshop, whether it be Elements, or the full version.

In the absence of a friend that can show you the ropes, any book by Scott Kelby, or Deke McClelland will get you going. They are easy to read and understand and for any specific questions, plenty of experts on here to help out.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

The Missing Manual is usually good.
              Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
              X