Spare Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare Camera

I'm always worried that if I take my 5DII to work with me for example, just in case that wonderful scene should present itself on the way home, there is a real risk of it getting stolen. Or damaged of course.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have two? No, not sensible.

I do take my Wife’s Canon S95 with me, that takes RAW images, so that’s good.

I just wondered what other forum members do? I’ve heard of some people having a lockable ’safe’ in the boot to keep gear in. But what other options are there.

Buy a second hand EOS 450 or 500 for example?
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Re: Spare Camera

I have a 450D; bought just after I stopped travelling around so much!
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

At the moment I just keep a small P&S in the glove compartment of my car but in the future I would like to upgrade this to a DSLR which would probably be kept in a padded bag / case and locked in the boot

Comment

I too have a point and shoot lumix in the car just in case, gonna swap it for an S95, my daughter has one and it takes some really nice shots.
        Col

Comment

I have a 60d,a 600d and a P&S. When I travel around on holidays I take 2 bodies- one fitted with the 24-105 f4 L lens and the other one with either the Sigma 10-20 or now the 17-35mm f2.8L. I take the 70-200f4L in my camera bag plus the nifty fifty. If I am just going for a walk or a drive without photography in mind, I take my P&S. I do not leave any photographic equipment in my car- either in my boot or glove compartment.
          Last edited by Nathaniel; 30-01-2012, 23:14.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            I do not leave any photographic equipment in my car- either in my boot or glove compartment.
            I think that's the wise thing to do Nathaniel. I keep look out for a 450d or similar to carry around with me. I have a small safe I can affix to the floor of the boot if I wanted too.

I think it's just one of those things, you won't be able to capture that scene if you don't have a camera with you!
            The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I have a 40D with 18-55 and 55-250 in the boot just in case
              ef-r

Comment

I am not in your league JaKs re photographic matters although I am aspiring to become a better photographer by looking at yours and other more experienced members photos. Having said that I do take a camera with me when I go out on aimless trips- either walking for health reasons or driving but I don't leave my camera in my car. When I was working I did take a camera but I took it with me into my office.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I have "Cooper".

Black coat, large teeth and very protective. He likes to sit in the footwell of the car and wiith the black car interior, he is virtually invisible. He also rarely barks. The first thing any nere-do-well would know he was there, was when he was chewing their arm.

"Good Boy Cooper"

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Cooper is better than a SAFE!

Comment

Cooper is great but if only we could get one of these it would cover a multitude of situations

Compilation of Trunk Monkeys - a Suburban Auto Group Ad

Comment

'Ruff' justice

Comment

Panasonic GF1 with 20mm f1.7 when I want compact.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                            Cooper is great but if only we could get one of these it would cover a multitude of situations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y
                            Great idea. Perhaps better than Cooper! Very hilarious.thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                            X