Flickr, disppearing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr, disppearing photos

Has anyone else suffered photos just disappearing from their Flickr account? This has happened to me at least 4 times now, the latest being my entry to the Love competition which has now just gone, no longer on my account. I will have to upload it and post it again tonight.

Just wondering if its just me?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Flickr, disppearing photos

I have had no problems like this with Flickr.... now I have tempted fate , watch my images "disappear" tonight...

David
    David

Comment

No problem so far, i will be worried if it happens.
      Raj
      Raj
      Flickr

Comment

Do you have a 'free' account or a 'Pro' account?

The standard free account lets you have up to 200 pictures. When you approach 200 pics, you will be prompted to go 'Pro'! How many photos are in your account?

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Just upgraded to pro about a week ago, have sent them an email. Googled it to and has happened to other people.

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
            Just upgraded to pro about a week ago, have sent them an email. Googled it to and has happened to other people.
            I assume that you know that if you have a btinternet email address that you can upgrade to Flickr Pro for no charge.

David
            David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
              I assume that you know that if you have a btinternet email address that you can upgrade to Flickr Pro for no charge.

David
              In fact with BTInternet you get 1 master and 9 other email accounts ... so you can associate a Flickr Pro account with each of these. Useful tip Nat if you've zonked your primary account and still want Flickr.

Comment

David
                No I didn't know, just paid! how do I get the free one then?

Comment

A btinternet email address is the key to getting Flickr Pro.
                  Have a look at the Yahoo home page as there is a "relationship" between Yahoo (who I believe "own" Flickr") and BT.
                  Find out how you can get a btinternet email address.
                  I have one as I have a BT Home Hub as my wireless router and with the BT Home Hub comes the btinternet email address.

David
                  David

Comment

David
                    No I didn't know, I paid for an account, I can't find any way of changing my account to link to my yahoo account though. There is a merge facility mentioned when I search for help but the link just sends you to home page. All very frustrating. Not enjoying flickr at the moment, would move to someone else but can't be fussed uploading again etc etc.

I have BT email address's, yahoo account etc. Just want to associate this with the Flickr account I already set up using a googlemail address.

Comment

Update. I had only paid for a 3 month pro account, fiver or so, so no big loss there. Have just changed my account to link with my BT account, so assume that I will continue on pro now for free. Have sent email to them to confirm this anyway.

Many thanks for the heads up, had no idea I could get this for free as I have BT account.

No news on the disappearing photos yet.

Comment

Log in to your BT homepage, on the left hand side it tells you about the Bt Yahoo services you can have - flickr is the third one down.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

It's getting worse now. Can't log into Flickr at all, just keeps asking me to verify password, which I know is correct. Its happened to a lot of people but no one has posted what the answer is. Have also logged in yahoo and changed it there and tried again. Not sure what to do, can't report to Flickr as you have to log on to do so. All very frustrating really, why don't things just work.

Comment

If you firstly log into your BTinternet email (which is Yahoo anyway) and then call up Flickr ... click on Sign-in (Signin?) and it should (I say should) just pop up a box for the password ... for the same account you logged into BTinternet with.

If you have several BTInternet accounts (like I do) make sure you tie the right ones with Flickr.

Comment

Have tried that, have tried everything, always end up at the screen with user I'd, and password. Type in password and the same box appears with password blank. Can get onto yahoo fine etc so know password is working. Just can't log onto Flickr. Have 2 accounts and can't log onto either.

Comment

Working...
                              X