Lethargic, lost mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lethargic, lost mojo

Well done, keep it up. I stopped when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. - Like you, no patches, gum or anything, just will power. Smoking is one of the worse things you can do to your body.
    P.S. I used to work for Imperial Tobacco!

No more smelly breath!!!!!

Comment

Mmm, just think of the lenses you can buy with the money you used to spend on tobacco.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
        Mmm, just think of the lenses you can buy with the money you used to spend on tobacco.
        I am addicted to buying lens - scratched that itch tonight
        ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
          I am addicted to buying lens - scratched that itch tonight
          L fever strikes again, no known cure

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
            L fever strikes again, no known cure
            I might be able to sneak it in without SWMBO noticing
            ef-r

Comment

Keep up the good work sir !
              Roll ups are the worst to quit IMHO , you don't have a large financial reward and they also have not only a nicotine addition , but also the ritual of rolling becomes part of that addiction too
              As said it will get better , take advantage of the improved carburettors in your chest , take you camera out on a hike , raise the endorphins and get a natural healthy reward for you resolve to quit .

I have made a similar new start in life , and am working to going straight edge , I gave up the beer , a few months on and the smoking will be quit too .

Oh yes , I am succumbing to lens fever though , and my bank balance is only 40cm from serious injury :P

Comment

I've never smoked but I know how hard it is to give up.
                My mate always threatens to give up smoking - this is when he turns into the "Incredable Sulk" - narky as hell. So much so that its almost come to blows on occassions.
                Then after a couple of weeks decides that now as he is a non-smoker he'll go out and buy a new car - takes it on tic - starts smoking again and falls into serious debt - sells the car and ends up with an older car than he had originally.

Stick at it mate - you know it makes sense

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Sorry, here I go again

I often wonder when I see a pretty girl smoking, if she realises that her hair, breath and clothes stink

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                    Sorry, here I go again

I often wonder when I see a pretty girl smoking, if she realises that her hair, breath and clothes stink

Mike
                    I fully agree with you Mike. Thats what I noticed when I stopped smoking 40 years ago, after being a 60 a day person (exams- the cause). So David and Cory, keep up the good work.Avoid alcohol as it weakens your resolve.

Nat
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I never smoked - I did try it once when I was thirteen whilst on a family holiday in sunny Portrush. My younger cousin and I sneaked a few of my Dads ciggies and went to the beach for a puff (we were so sophisticated)

Anyway Mum caught us red handed so to speak and made both of us smoke a full packet one after the other - clever woman as I was so ill. I have never felt the inclination to open a packet since and can only assume her masterclass in how to smoke properly aged 13 really worked.

I have watched several of my friends go through the stop smoking routine and it is difficult but well worth it in the end to live a smoke free environment and be able to smell flowers again and taste food properly - well worth the effort.

Good luck with it, we are all rooting for you, post and let us know how you are getting on (even if it is to rant)
                      Never stop photographing. It is very likely that your best photograph has not yet been captured

http://flic.kr/ps/29Jr1K

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Coming up to a month and all going okay. No problem with avoiding the drink as I gave that up 11 years ago.

I think it's very strange that all the press / doctors etc say that you 'need' a patch or gum to give up and the cravings will be horrendous etc etc - even had a guy at work call me a lier when I said I had stopped with no help. I literally just put down my tin and that was it - Foggy - I agree that the rolling was a big part of the addiction, the habits that are associated with it are the hardest to break without a doubt.

The sleepless nights have gone now and the lethargy has ebbed away, the constant hunger for any food has also just about gone so I am presuming that the worst of it is over. Still waiting for the 'good stuff' to happen like better taste / smell - so far I feel no different at all - guess after 36 years it will take a little more than a month. . . . and yes I'm impatient lol

Thank you all again - now lets get out with the cameras and find that mojo again, it can't have gone too far

.DAVID.
                        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

My work banned smoking 6 years ago and the smokers got help by means of patches, gum or lozenges.
                          Many have given up but since then they have become hooked on the gum and lozenges

Comment

Working...
                          X