If you don't ask, you don't get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't ask, you don't get?

Well that's what a friend always says to me! so tonight I took his advice; a major rock band will soon be undertaking a tour of north America, I'm about to retire from my day job, it's as though fate has taken a hand! so I e-mailed the group explaining that I would pay my own fares, and my own motels whilst on the tour, and I get to shoot backstage and on stage during their tour, the only thing I want is credit for the images which will remain the property of the band; I know, I can hear you laughing now as I write, but stranger things have happened; I believe that certain types of photography are simply opportunity based, and that a lot of photographers given the same chance as a pro will produce images just as good, and concert photography is one of those in my opinion, but I've lost count of how many times I've had my camera confiscated at concerts, why?
    So if anything comes of it I'll let you know; I could be one of those guys who people say "how did he get that job?", and the answer is simple, "he asked for it".
    Ian,1D-3, 5D-2, 24-70L, 70-200L, 100-400L, ST-E2, 580-EX2, Elinchrom lights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clik-klik/

Re: If you don't ask, you don't get?

I'm totally green with envy, but also over the moon for you, should be an opportunity of a lifetime......grab it with both hands.

Let us know how you get on.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
      I'm totally green with envy, but also over the moon for you, should be an opportunity of a lifetime......grab it with both hands.

Let us know how you get on.
      Les, they didn't answer yet, I'd be very surprised if they do answer, but as my mate says, "if you don't ask, you don't get", I'm willing to do the whole thing at my expense just for the experience, and of course the images would look cool in a portfolio!!
      Ian,1D-3, 5D-2, 24-70L, 70-200L, 100-400L, ST-E2, 580-EX2, Elinchrom lights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clik-klik/

Comment

Go for it, the very best of luck!
        The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Hope it works out for you.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

well done you..I would love to know who they are

Comment

Working...
            X