Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great photographers

I ran across this site (long story):

I must confess I only see one photo there that grabs me, is it just me?
    Oh, and a quote I liked:
    "Amateurs worry about equipment, Professionals worry about time, Masters worry about light.
    Owning a DSLR does not make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR owner."
    John
    P.S. it was the American Way photo, but not a great photo, just noticing something in passing that was great to record.

Re: Great photographers

Originally posted by DrJon View Post

Well John, it may not be just you, but so many great (iconic?) photos there that listing them would br pointless. Personal taste plays it part of course but only one that 'grabbed' you, really?

P.S. it was the American Way photo, but not a great photo, just noticing something in passing that was great to record.

But many people would have walked past without noticing, Margaret Bourke White didn't - that's surely what makes a great photographer and photojournalist
    Chris

My Website

Comment

Well John, it may not be just you, but so many great (iconic?) photos there that listing them would br pointless. Personal taste plays it part of course but only one that 'grabbed' you, really?

But many people would have walked past without noticing, Margaret Bourke White didn't - that's surely what makes a great photographer and photojournalist
      Chris

My Website

Comment

Some very iconic work in there.

I studied many of them when I did City & Guilds Photography. Also, great taking a look at the "50 Masters Of Photography" link - some of the photographers I admire most in there - particularly Brassai & John Sexton. Also some very challenging work - Mapplethorpe, Weegee & Joel-Peter Witkin.

Thanks for sharing - even if they don't all appeal to everyone.
        “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
        "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
        "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
        "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Working...
        X