It's arrived !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's arrived !!!

Despite the efforts of Parcelfarce (not a typo ) I finally got my big box of goodies a day later than it should've been (ie Parcelfarce don't seem to understand concept of "next day delivery" or certainly rarely achieve it in my experience )

However, one very well packed box, containing ......

several layers of shredded cardboard packing, loads of bubble wrap and nestling cosily inside .........

Canon EOS 550D Digital SLR
    18-55mm IS Lens
    55-250mm IS Lens
    Hahnel HL-E8 (Canon LP-E8) battery
    2x 8GB 150x High Speed SDHC Cards
    2x Hoya 58mm HMC UV(C) Filters
    Canon Custom Gadget Bag 100EG

all brand spanking new and being tinkered with the usual piccys of the fireplace, wife sat in chair, view out of front window, kitchen window etc etc all tried and I seem to be able to get round the workings quite nicely, even been reading through the maual as well. So far very impressed and looking to see what the weathers doing at weekend 'cos nothing planned, walks and piccys look like the scheme of things for weekend

Thanks for those who helped on my other thread, got extra bits (spare battery/memory/"protective" filters) as suggested.

No doubt other bits and bobs will find their way into the bag soon

Re: It's arrived !!!

Great! Have fun and lets see some picys soon!
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

A nice kit for a great venture in to digital photography.
      Enjoy!

Comment

Sounds like you're going to have a busy weekend. :-)
        Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
        http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
        https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Baz,

Enjoy your new toys.

Depending on where you live in 'South Lakeland', the main Parcelforce (not a typo ) depot may be quite a distance from where you are and they may not be able to guarantee 'next-day' deliveries, check their T&C's - and those of your supplier, you may actually have received the goods 'next-day'. If they were late, you should be able to reclaim the cost. I live in Dundee, sometimes have goods delivered to me in Aberdeen, and I have never had a problem with Parcelforce and I consider that the UK Post Office offers an excellent service. No, I don't work for them or even know anyone close who does.
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Righty, the plan! weather dependant, if it's nice and a chance of some decent light, walk tomorrow and/or sunday AM

Tuesday I have to take Mrs C and be "Parker" for the day hanging around for 2 or 3 hours so will go for a wander down the canal, looking forward to a play with the toy and will put some (selected!) piccys on the forum for critique !

Comment

time for some fun! enjoy
              regards
              Donald

Comment

Originally posted by baz c View Post
                No doubt other bits and bobs will find their way into the bag soon
                Oh, dear. Slippery slope. I remember that: "I think I just need one other lens..."

Enjoy.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Soon be time for a bigger Bag :-)
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Have funand enjoy your new gear.
                    Raj
                    Raj
                    Flickr

Comment

Hooe the weekend goes well, it's allways great getting a box full of new goodie's, hope you enjoy.

Ray

Comment

Flaming typical, decided to try and get out this morning ........ and the weather goes pear shaped

Got a couple of photos of the pheasants in the back garden though

Try again tomorrow

Comment

Congratulations.

I bought my first digital SLR 2 months ago, and don't regret it one little bit. It's a great excuse to get out and about and visit places, whilst learning how to use it. Have fun.
                          EF 16-35mm F2.8 L Mk II; EF 24-70mm F2.8 L Mk II; EF 24-105mm F4 L; EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 L.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ukfalc/

Comment

Working...
                          X