Ef 24 - 105 l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ef 24 - 105 l

I have had a bit of luck recently and am looking to buy my first L series lens and am really after the 24 - 105, the cheapest I have found it for is £679 from Digital Rev.

I am interested to know if anyone has used Digital Rev before and are they reliable?

Colin

Re: Ef 24 - 105 l

Hi Colin,
    You have made a good choice there, an excellent lens (I have 2 of them).

Remember that it's not always best to go with the cheapest, especially if you have to request references for the supplier. For the same price, £679, why not try a well respected supplier, based in the USA but a British citizen and you will receive a UK warranty - Kerso at Flash Camera? Excellent service and highly recommended by others.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Its a cracking lens and well worth the money. I agree with Bob and would go with Kerso. Fantastic service (3 days)and gives even further discounts for bank transfer.

Comment

A couple of friends regularly use them and they are highly recommended.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

A great general purpose/walkabout lens which I use a lot
          ef-r

Comment

Thanks everyone, I know it's a good lens but I need some advice re Digital Rev are they a good dealer?

Thanks to Bob & hhcanon for the recommendation of Flash Camera who I will bear in mind.

Colin

Comment

Digital-Rev are HK based - watch out for import duty
              ef-r

Comment

I have used H Dew who are here in the UK and found them to be excellent with service and price and no worry about a HK based company. Bricks and morter and internet so you can actually talk to someone with an Enlish accent when you want to.
                If you have to ask the question about what do people think of a supplier then there must be a little niggle in the back of your mind and this, for me, is not worth the concern.

Online Retailer of photography equipment & electronics. Including DSLR cameras, lenses, laptops, tablets, batteries, filters. From Canon Olympus Sigma Apple Samsung LaCie Sandisk & Adata.

David
                David

Comment

FWIW Digital rev seem to be pretty wl regarded on another very busy forum.
                  TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

have rented this lens before and was really impressed with it. am saving to get my own!
                    regards
                    Donald

Comment

As mentioned, be aware you may be charged import duty and VAT, that's why I've always avoided DigitalRev.

One stop digital retail the lens at £649 (with free shipping) and they guarantee to reimburse any duties incurred. I've used them before and their service was exemplary and very quick.

Alternatively, Adorama have a special-offer at the moment at $890, at payPal exchange rates that a measly £564!
                      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

From their website it says they deal with this: http://www.digitalrev.com/help/impor...-non-hong/MTQx
                        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Thanks everyone for the helpfull advice. I will probably use Flash Camera.

Comment

Working...
                          X