Camera Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Insurance

I have tried to add away from home insurance for my camera gear but my insurance company will not allow me to. A few months ago I broke my Nikon and being halfway through a photography course thought I may claim on the home insurance. We never actually went through with the claim and cancelled it as I just brought a new camera instead.
    I now have a problem in that none on my camera equipment is covered and wondered if any of you guys used separate insurance cover and whether you could recommend them?
    Maria
    flickr

Re: Camera Insurance

Maria,
    My gear is added to the house insurance as an itemized addition.
    Have a look in the EOS Magazine for insurance.

David
    David

Comment

I looked into this a few months ago.

try Glover & Howe
      E&L
      Aaduki
      Towergate
      Photoguard

Cover varies, so check the fine-print (cover in-car and new-for-old vs. market-value for instance). Costs area around £65-£100 for £2.5k equipment. E&L also offer a monthly-cover option, which works out a little more expensive but offers other advantages.
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. In the end I have got my kit insured with Photoguard after reading good reviews about them and then next year when my home insurance is up for renewal I will change it to someone else and get it added in.
        flickr

Comment

After using some specific photography insurers, I now have it specifically added to my home insurance. I also use the same company for home and buildings insurance .......... none of the traditional arguments of " you should claim on the other insurance".

Colin
          Colin

Comment

I found that adding 'named' items (namely camera kit) to my household-buildings policy ... was actually less per £1k than a dedicate photo insurer ... and cover as good. But household insurance costs (I shop around) seems to have outpaced even car insurance over the past 5 or so years.

Comment

Working...
            X