old cameras and equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old cameras and equipment

My dad is having a clear out at home and has said he got some old cameras which he wants to get rid of, been told there are some brownies and some old kodak cameras. theyt couple be pre 50s some of the stuff.

any ideas please

Jon
    EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Re: old cameras and equipment

Unless they are immaculate, boxed, or very unusual, there is next to no value. In the late 40's/50's, everyone had a browney and generally graduated to one of the bellows Kodaks.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Just check they are actually branded Kodak cameras (Brownie, etc) and not some other brand. 'Cooking' Kodaks aren't that collected ... but if it something else well that might tip the balance. A friend (who does collect pre 1960 cameras) told me a story about someone who ask him if he wanted an old Kodak bellows job ... turned out it was some other brand (an prewar Rolleiflex TLR I think) and worth a rather lot more than a folding Kodak. [The person thought the viewfinder was a bellows mechanism].

Comment

Well I think I'll have to have a look and see what he's got. As I don't think they are his but where my granddads which would be before 1952 as that when he died. Think some would have been use during war for his job in the royal engineers. Will post photos when I see him next.
        EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

What would be nice (for a museum) is a collection of RE photos taken with the camera(s).

Comment

Working...
          X