Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed fitting LCD screen protector on EOS 1D Mark III

P1000014.jpg

I cannot for the life of me work out how to fit this glass LCD screen protector onto the back of my EOS 1D Mark III. There is only one adhesive surface, which is on the other side of both yellow "gaskets". The back of the glass protector is non adhesive too. I can't remember where I got them and there is no manufacturer listed, so can't get help that way.
    Any help/instructions very gratefully received!
    Many thanks in advance

Re: Help needed fitting LCD screen protector on EOS 1D Mark III

I think the yellow gaskets as you call them are there to place over the LCD screens and line up the adhesive strips.
    Once the double-sided adhesive strips are lined up and pressed on to the LCD then carefully remove the yellow frames leaving the adhesive behind. Then place the black protectors on to the adhesive strips which will hold them in place.

I may be wrong.
    I have used similar (not the same) in the past.
    I now use the GGS protective screens.
    Last edited by Hereford_EOS; 06-10-2012, 14:09.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

You are right! But unfortunately as I peeled it off, the tiny sliver of double sided sticky tape self destructed and I am left with a dog's breakfast with it all tangled and stuck together. A very Heath Robinson way of doing things, why could they not have had this already on the back of the monitor ready to be applied to the LCD screen? A pity as this is very nice quality. I have ordered a GGS one from Amazon now.
      Many thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by julesmctrainspotter View Post
        You are right! But unfortunately as I peeled it off, the tiny sliver of double sided sticky tape self destructed and I am left with a dog's breakfast with it all tangled and stuck together. A very Heath Robinson way of doing things, why could they not have had this already on the back of the monitor ready to be applied to the LCD screen? A pity as this is very nice quality. I have ordered a GGS one from Amazon now.
        Many thanks anyway.
        Hi Jules, I think you'll find the GGS ones are better anyway and not expensive.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
        X