White Wall printing service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Wall printing service

Apologies if there is a thread discussing this already. And if I am breaching rules here then further apologies and moderator please remove.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experience of White Wall ?

For those who don't know these guys will print your images on to an aluminium backing complete with wall fixing so you can mount direct to your walls without having to frame the image. From the few reviews I've read they seem to be very well regarded.

I'm thinking about possibly mounting a panorama to get that big image feel but would appreciate any of your experiences.

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: White Wall printing service

Hello Scott;

I've literally (last Wednesday) just placed an order with White Wall for a 40" x 20" aluminium backed under acrylic pano shot... I'm waiting with baited breath to see how it turns out. It better be good, it was chuffin expensive!

I'll let you know...

EDIT - s/be with me within 15 working days - that's what their email says for large-format laminations...

Lee
    Last edited by EOS_User; 14-10-2012, 14:53.
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Cool. That's a similar size to what I'm thinking of. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Scott.
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

I also haven't used them but found this (link below) might be of some help?

Comment

I have been thinking of mounting a print in the kitchen just above where the kettle lives. Would White Wall be able to cope with the humidity?

Comment

Originally posted by Opifex View Post
            I have been thinking of mounting a print in the kitchen just above where the kettle lives. Would White Wall be able to cope with the humidity?
            Don't know the answer; but White Wall is an expensive 'pro' finish - so they say. They are not cheap; I don't think I would want to run any risks putting anything like that anywhere near hot steam!
            Cheers;
            Lee
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Update...

My order has just been delivered... I am over the moon with it!

The image is, of course, excellent, but the presentation and finish on the product is superb.

11 working days from order to delivery was better than their estimated delivery time... Courier delivered by DPD, securely packaged in thick cardboard; wrapped internally in thick bubble-wrap, and protected by polystyrene buffers and palstic corner protectors.

All up; I am very impressed with this, and won't hesitate to use them again; neither, on the strength of this experience, would I hesitate to recommend them to one & all...

HTH

Lee
                Cheers;
                Lee
                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Appreciate the update Lee. Glad to hear it is as good as it appeared to be for the guy on the car forum.

When I manage to get an image together worthy of it I will definitely be looking to give them a try.

Scott.
                  Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X