Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Urgent assistance needed for wedding shoot

Hey, you guys...

I've got like a major wedding to shoot this weekend, and just to show my professionalism I went out and blew £500 on a new camera - well, when you can afford it, why not? It's a no-brainer.

But having a real panic attack now with two days to go as I just discovered that the film holder is square! Am I missing something? Is there a new film on the market that comes in a square casing?

I found this film and bought one. But although the box is square, when I opened it the damn thing was round! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

One other thing... if I run out of film halfway through the wedding service can I ask the vicar guy to stop for a couple of minutes?

Cheers!

Last edited by Macro Meister; 25-10-2012, 08:58.

Re: HELP! Urgent assistance needed for wedding shoot

What you have shown looks like the battery compartment of a digital camera (Panasonic) and it also has got the slot for the memory card. So keep the camera, get the correct battery and memory card but return the film.(Hope it is not a delayed April fools/now October fools day?)
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I would buy a few extra rolls of film and then jump on them until they are the right shape, if you do this at night you should be OK

Comment

Perhaps it's a cine camera and takes one of these...

3101008-an-8mm-film-cartridge-on-white.jpg
        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Simples - it's a 32.0mm×24.0mm plate camera.

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
            Perhaps it's a cine camera and takes one of these...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7387[/ATTACH]
            Phew! Thanks for that. Life-saver!

You seem a clever bloke, can I just ask you... is my Samsung Galaxy Ace OK as a backup camera in case things go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Meister View Post
              Phew! Thanks for that. Life-saver!

You seem a clever bloke, can I just ask you... is my Samsung Galaxy Ace OK as a backup camera in case things go wrong?
              Only if you splatter the piccies all over facebook and twitter etc
              Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
                Only if you splatter the piccies all over facebook and twitter etc
                And perhaps also pin them to the gents toilet wall at the rear of Waterloo station? Don't want to miss anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Meister View Post
                  And perhaps also pin them to the gents toilet wall at the rear of Waterloo station? Don't want to miss anyone!
                  and the BBC dressing rooms.....
                  David

Comment

Another question, if I may, guys...

I was in a National Trust gift shop yesterday and they had a pair of 'rear vision spy glasses' for kids. Should I get a pair to avoid this sort of thing? And OMG it was a CANON!

Comment

Well, if the camera pic isn't a cut-and-paste job the Panasonic 14-45 is a good lens so you're part-way there (for the outside work)... not quite so sure about the G3 for the interiors though...

Do note modern film is Lithium rather than Silver-based, this means it lasts much longer and can be developed in-camera and scanned onto a memory card - they are very clever these Japanese Engineers in what they can cram in...

Comment

A little judicious use of a vice will render the round film rectangular so it will fit.
                        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

By far the best post I've read on here for a long while.....
                          “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
                          "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
                          "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
                          "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Originally posted by BT Bob View Post
                            By far the best post I've read on here for a long while.....
                            She seems to find things entertaining as well.

Comment

Brilliant clip Rob. She laughs better than the laughing bag! Thanks for sharing.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X