Eneloop Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eneloop Batteries

Following advice from this Forum, I ordered a BL-700 smart battery charger and 16 Eneloop batteries. I went for the 2000 (min 1900 mAh) version as recommended here, rather than the higher power ones I would have chosen and made sure they were the series III 1800 recharge versions. The charger arrived the next day and one set of 8 batteries arrived from a different supplier. I contacted the seller and they advised that they were sent in two parcels "to minimise theft or loss in the postal service". The following day the second parcel arrived and I noticed the invoice value was less than £18 and therefore under the threshold for VAT from foreign countries. What a coincidence!

I have now had a full session with them of around 500 flashes without problem and if they are going to give me that sort of performance for around 1800 times, I will be a very happy boy. Having previously been one of Duracell's best customers, if you have any of their share's ............... sell them now.
    Colin

Eneloop Batteries

Glad they're working well for you Colin, even if the delivery process was a little bizarre (I wonder whether theft of rechargeable batteries is rife?)

There's something satisfying about conserving the environment, having a ready stock of cells in the house, and saving money all at once :-)
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Re: Eneloop Batteries

(I wonder whether theft of rechargeable batteries is rife?)
      I wouldn't have thought so. More likely a plausible story to remain under the £18 limit.
      Colin

Comment

Still using mine after many charges without any apparent deterioration yet and you should notice the gun is ready for the next flash so much quicker than before, Colin
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          I wouldn't have thought so. More likely a plausible story to remain under the £18 limit.
          CI LVCR ceased with effect from 1st April 2012. Hence MyMemory and others relocating their businesses.
          Last edited by George Bear; 24-01-2013, 12:45.

Comment

Glad they are working for you, I frequently get well over 500 flashes from a charge and they have been going for quite a while now.

Comment

Saves you money, saves the environment - win/win.

They usually take two or three charge/discharge cycles before reaching their full capacity. Not a bad idea to keep them in sets so the same ones always get used together.
              Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Not a bad idea to keep them in sets so the same ones always get used together.
                Good idea.
                Colin

Comment

Hi
                  I have just purchased the canon MR-14EX macro flash and would like to know if the eneloop 2000 mah batteries will be ok with the unit as in the manual it recommends either,LR6,HR6,FR6 batteries it also states using other than alkaline type (LR6)May cause improper battery contact due to the irregular shape of the battery contacts.
                  Many thanks. Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by ade123 View Post
                    Hi
                    I have just purchased the canon MR-14EX macro flash and would like to know if the eneloop 2000 mah batteries will be ok with the unit as in the manual it recommends either,LR6,HR6,FR6 batteries it also states using other than alkaline type (LR6)May cause improper battery contact due to the irregular shape of the battery contacts.
                    Many thanks. Adrian
                    Adrian, I use Eneloop batteries you refer to with all of my flashes including the MR-14, IHTH
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I did a wedding a few weeks ago and one set of Eneloops in my flash lasted for 4 hours with the flash on full power. I have 12 batteries. In fact the same set were used for 3 hours on a retiral dinner too. Amazing batteries. I bought the 2000Mah ones right enough. £8.99 on Ebay. 2 hour charger came in at £12.99
                      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks for the reply peter I will order some today
                        Adrian

Comment

I am a full covert to these batteries after being a life long user of Duracell batteries. Yes, I also find that the charge lasts a very very long time.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

They are very good but go missing, found two in wife's spare tooth brush used as rechargable was kaput, others in a torch, be warned.
                            Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

Working...
                            X