Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Type of Photographer Are You?

I just happened across the page linked below and thought I'd ask you folks.

Have you discovered what type of photographer you are? Doing so will make a big difference to your photography, allowing you to improve faster. If you don’t know right now, read on and I’ll help you find out. Okay so the first thing to understand is that Holistic Photography is both a Craft and an […]
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Re: What Type of Photographer Are You?

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
    Not very good I suspect.
    Certainly un-trained.
    John

Comment

Untrained or uncategoreable
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Untrained attempting to have a holistic approach with a preference for landscape subjects?
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I never really fitted into categories.

Typical Gemini and depends what mood I wake up in - still trying to convince Mrs C that she got two men for the price of one.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

Typical Gemini and depends what mood I wake up in - still trying to convince Mrs C that she got two men for the price of one.
            She's is a lucky woman...

For me I'm typically a Scorpion (November) Photographer. Maybe that is why BW seems to appeal to me.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

SNAP
              --
              Colin
              http://fotos-espana.com
              http://macameraclub.com
              http://turnspain.com

Comment

A friendly one, always willing to help others.
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Not sure I fall into any of those categories. I am mostly untrained although I have read many photography books over many years. I have probably forgot almost as much as I have learned.
                  I have always had a good eye for a photo but wouldn't think of myself as arty being more of a logic and science sort of person.
                  I don't have enough time to learn as much technique as I would like and find it frustrating that I have been unable to capture many of the amazing things that my eyes have witnessed.
                  Mostly though I enjoy photography. So overall I would say I am a happy snapper with a good eye for a picture who one day wants to be a skilled photographer.
                  Martin
                  Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

Self taught, but untrained. I was never an arty person, I like to create. I'm a keen DIY'er, I play guitar, I used to paint, and my dad painted portraits for everyone I knew when I was a kid. Photography for me, is a natural progression of everything I've been interested in.

I love the outdoors, wildlife and emotion. Not so much a fan of posing, and If I was to ask myself in 3-5 years what type of photographer I was, i'd probably answer, I'm just glad I'm still doing it.

Types of photography tends to have certain associations attached to them, so one day you'll have the time to wait for birds in the garden, and other times you'll want to go a walk and take in some architecture. I just think it's whatever time you have.
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

I think my Avatar sums me up. Definitely untrained.

Dave
                      www.trikietowers.com

Comment

A 'wish I had more' time photographer! Can easily while away several hours when there is more important work to be done (according to my husband!!)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post

I just happened across the page linked below and thought I'd ask you folks.

http://digital-photography-school.co...you#more-47183
                          An interesting link and I particularly liked the quote "The earliest photographers were often skilled in both painting & chemistry; an unlikely combination today".

Having spent a good few hours in a blacked out kitchen many years ago brewing up chemicals & having passed O Level Chemistry, I conform to one criteria. Not for many years did the artist in me emerge until I took up painting.

I've found that photography has improved my art, particularly in composition & art has improved my photography in areas such as appreciation of colour and tone. Best of both worlds really.

I think I'm just someone who enjoys photography.

Bob
                          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

How come there's not a section that says `frustrated`: smile: with not enough time.
                            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                              How come there's not a section that says `frustrated`: smile: with not enough time.
                              Me, Im rubish, but will freely admit it..a tad hit and miss..so I guess thats frustrated Di,...having a sabatical at present in order to re-group

Comment

Working...
                              X