Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lens aberration correction- should i have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens aberration correction- should i have it?

Hi, since my last post i have been reading and forgetting, but i came across this http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...age=2&type=faq in the FAQ page for the 40d and in DPP. I have not got that on my 40d (firmware 1.1.1) and does not show it EOS utility, so i thought it was for more expensive lenses but the screen shot show at least one that i have, 50mm 1.8. Should it be on my camera?

Re: Lens aberration correction- should i have it?

You don't say what lens you couldn't see listed in the EOS utility, BTW it is only applicable to Canon lenses.

From memory you can download the lens correction files from Canon using the EOS utility. I'm sure I did it for a lens that wasn't listed in my 50D.

Some software by other parties do include Lens Correction features as an example Adobe Lightroom includes this feature.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The Lens aberration correction does not come up in the camera menu whether connected to utility or not, the two lenses are 50mm 1.8 and the kit 18-55mm. Should this be on the 40d.

Comment

In my experience, i've hardly needed to dial in any CA on the 50mm 1.8 or the kit lens, unless shooting up into the sky, or high contrasting colours, however on my 75-300mm it's pretty bad. I use LR 4 and it has a lens profiler where you have a whole section for removing Chromatic Aberration. It does is so well, however on more prominent CA it leaves a thick grey line, where it was purple or green before.

LR as a whole package is actually pretty powerful for the price. Best thing i've used.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
        X