Photographing a "ghost"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographing a "ghost"!

This is not a joke or a trick question. Some residents at the Old Bishop's Palace have seen two kinds of ghosts- a "hissing nun" in her religious attaire and a comly Bishop in one of the flats/rooms. I have obtained permission to photograph these apparitions and I wonder how do I set about it, knowing that ghosts are transparent images- ie.see through like.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Photographing a "ghost"!

Firstly good luck ... you'll need it. Science doesn't really think they (ghosts) exist per se. But having had some 'experiences' I can't explain with science (and I'm science trained) I keep an open mind.

This is an interesting read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_photography
    ... and this http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghost...a/aa102207.htm

The hissing nun might be worth some video on your 5D2 !

Comment

Good luck

How about trying the video function?
      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

thanks for the detailed info MX5. first of all I must find the frequency of the occurences, any particular day,time etc before I set up my equipment. I will certainly let the members know & even post any image I can capture. Yes ,the video function looks a good bet.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I would certainly be interested in any shots you get and good luck
          I wonder if a sound or motion trigger would be of any use?
          It's not something everyone believes in and I was one of those, until I ran a public house a while back.
          We even had the BBC interested in filming.
          Chris
          Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Have you thought of a video link so that you can monitor any ghostly going ons?
            The EOS cameras will only record for max duration 29min 59sec, max single file size 4GB.
            If monitoring then you can activate via a remote or through EOS Utility.
            I would also use monochrome.

I used to be a sceptic on ghosts until I saw one (or something) a few years ago,
            So good luck.

ps take a change of underwear, just in case
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Pity film isn't as predominant as it was. I seem to recall that Kodak used to do Ektachrome, which was very good for people, especially the skin tones and they also did Ektaplasm, which was very good for poltergeists, particularly grey tones.
              Colin

Comment

Thanks for that info stephen. Chris I will let you know. The old bishop's palace was built in 1790 and so has got lot of history behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  Pity film isn't as predominant as it was. ------ they also did Ektaplasm, which was very good for poltergeists, particularly grey tones.
                  Now I would love some of that for the odd camera club meeting

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    Pity film isn't as predominant as it was. I seem to recall that Kodak used to do Ektachrome, which was very good for people, especially the skin tones and they also did Ektaplasm, which was very good for poltergeists, particularly grey tones.
                    A1, Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm & 70-210mm (Exif data....what Exif data?)

Comment

Working...
                    X