No announcement yet.

What's on your photography wish list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's on your photography wish list?

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
    I'm in Oldham, well Saddleworth really. If I can be of any help re computer skills I'm glad to help. For my sins I work as network manager so whilst I generally have had enough of IT at the end of the day I'm happy to pass on what I can.
    Thanks for the kind offer, my Lad's in computers, building and repairing more than IT as such (and he lives in Saddleworth too !), it's the Photoshop side of thing I would like to improve. I have Elements 9 and am wondering whether CS6 should also be on my wish list too. I don't know that I could justify the expense for how often I'd use it. At the moment I work by trying to get it as right as possible in the camera, and do as little processing as possible (cropping, and sharpening mainly).

John
    John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

No problem John. If you're happy with Elements it might be worth checking out latest version as some of the later features might be useful.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I went from PSE9 to PSE11 and I like it a lot. Also got a book "The Photoshop Elements 11 book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski. It has revealed a lot about the software for me.
        As for wish list:
        Get more photography business
        and a canon 16-35 f2.8
        Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          Not necessarily.

Use the 100 - 400mm for wildlife, motorsports n stuff and the 70 - 200mm for portraits, studio work, indoor sports, outdoor candid shots etc.
          Unfortunately no studio work, just a hobby, so purely for my own enjoyment. . . almost talked myself in to it. I'm off to Skye for our hols, so I thought rather than just landscapes there might also be some wildlife opportunities. Something mull over

Comment

My wish list has changed about 4 times in the last 3 days.
            It's safe to say I want it all.

Opening yourself to several photography disciplines will be the end of many lol
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Something mull over
              So you are going to Skye and Mull then?

I went to a Canon Pro day in Southampton yesterday and there was plenty to tempt me and by an effort of supreme will, Mr plastic remained firmly in my wallet. Needed the smelling salts to revive Mrs C.

Met up with Mistral105, John Evans, for a coffee and thoroughly enjoyed his company. We must have more "Meets" now that the weather is improving.

As for wish list, I quite fancy a tilt and shift lens, but I am not sure which one. Also I don't really do landscapes, or architecture, so it's want rather than need, so unless one falls into my lap for silly money, it's not going to happen. That new 200 - 400mm f4 L zoom with built-in 1.4x converter would be very tempting though ................ if it is ever released!
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                Unfortunately no studio work, just a hobby, so purely for my own enjoyment. . . almost talked myself in to it. I'm off to Skye for our hols, so I thought rather than just landscapes there might also be some wildlife opportunities. Something mull over
                Skye is an excellent place for holiday. Only discovered a couple of years ago but back myself later this year for another visit.
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Working...
                X