Experience Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience Seminars

Has any one been to any of the Experience Seminars, either at Huntingdon or elsewhere? They are doing some now at the EOS Magazine offices at Tackley, Oxon. Nearer for me.

Re: Experience Seminars

I've been to a couple of seminars and an open day and thought they were great value for money. The presenters were really animated and knew their stuff, and are happy to steer the day in the direction desired by the attendees rather than sticking rigidly to the planned syllabus. I'd thoroughly recommend them!
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I have done a one-day seminar and a waterfall shoot with them. I found them very knowledgeable, very approachable and enthusiastic. I have recommended them to a colleague who is just starting out with his EOS. I would happily, and probably will, do another photo experience day with them.

Comment

I have not been able to attend any of these seminars as none are held in the North West. Perhaps the organisers will think about this and rectify this discrimination shown to North West Members!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Perhaps the organisers will think about this and rectify this discrimination shown to North West Members!
          Hmmm ........... someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Nathaniel?

Good news! I have just checked with Robert and he is going to move himself and his family, relocate the staff (whether they want to or not) and the business to North Wales next Tuesday.

Oh....... hold that thought, two members in Aberdeen are having a moan, so it looks like Scotland now. Oh no .......... the Cornish are in fighting mood and threatening to barricade the border if they don't get their way!

On the basis that you can't please all of the people, all of the time, plans to move have been very reluctantly cancelled and the Vicar at St Nicolas is very relieved not to have his congregation halved.
          Last edited by colin C; 14-05-2013, 09:21.
          Colin

Comment

When the EOS Seminars started, I suggested that they try some in Scotland and, to their credit they did, but it would seems that there were few takers and, after a year or two, they were not advertised again.
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

A very enjoyable day out. More suited to beginners I thought. Although I did pick up a few very useful tips, most of what they were teaching, I learned a long time ago. Still, as I said, most enjoyable. ( I'm a sexagenarian you know!)

Comment

I very often get out of the wrong side of my bed and thats puts me in a bad mood I think there are many members in the North West who would love to spend a day out on one of these seminars. I know that a few years ago something was planned either in Liverpool or was it around Cheshire; the event was OVERSUBSCRIBED, although I was put on a waiting list. Having said that I am sure that there are venues in the N.West which would cater for something similar and will also be economically viable. I hope the organsers will think about a N.W venue in planning these events.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                X