Flickr update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr update

Going back to Flickr... I do think its a step in the right direction but the one thing that concerns me is the thumbnails are so big there's no incentive for people to click again for the full size image. So you may lose some impact from a collection you post.
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
      Really nice paul.
      Thank you
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
        Going back to Flickr... I do think its a step in the right direction but the one thing that concerns me is the thumbnails are so big there's no incentive for people to click again for the full size image. So you may lose some impact from a collection you post.
        I have to agree with you I think that it looks great but like you said the thumbnails are quite large so you don't necessarily need to lick for a larger image
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Here's a little tweak that has just come my way. If you don't like the size of the thumbnails you can reduce them back to the size and style they were before the update.

Just type ?details=1 after your URL. Works for me!!!

Comment

Good tip! Works for me too.
            Regards ,
            Norman

Comment

I've switched to the free option and should get a pro rata refund in a week to ten days. If there is an issue with whatever account I paid on they will contact me for paypal details. I'm not interested in the stats as not a lot of people look at my pics and now I can see all of the pics for free rather than just 200 I don't need to pay. Ads I can live with, if adblocker doesn't stop em as they are everywhere else anyway.

If anyone is concerned about people downloading hi res images you can change the settings in the preferences bit for your account under your icon at the top right.
              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
                If anyone is concerned about people downloading hi res images you can change the settings in the preferences bit for your account under your icon at the top right.
                We had a discussion about this recently. It is true that you can set options to disable the "download" link that will deter many people. It should be remembered that if you are displaying the full size image on a Mac/PC then you have already downloaded the image. All you have to know is how to extract that image and save it to your disk system.
                Regards ,
                Norman

Comment

Mind you Flickr is unavailable at the moment 'Curse of the Bad Panda' ...

Comment

Mind you Flickr is unavailable at the moment 'Curse of the Bad Panda' ...
                    still down so no new posts from me at the moment

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

I just cancelled my Flickr pro account and for about the same price I bought a domain name and an unlimited hosting package. Then I knocked up a wordpress site and installed and configured the WP Photo Album Plus Plug-in and hey presto I have my own website instead of Flickr.

I've not finished it and won't use all the functionality but it does support visitors being able to add comments and ratings if I enable it. Also every uploaded picture shows IPTC and EXIF data fields based on a template of my choosing. There's also buttons to share a picture to FB, Twitter, google+ or pinterest. And its really easy to upload albums or individual pictures.

So really this gives me everything Flickr offers and a lot more and there's no limit on how much it can be customised.

Here's the site: http://www.leerigby.net/

And here's how it looks if you post an image with a link through to the page with EXIF etc:

Last edited by Riggers; 01-06-2013, 18:06.
                      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

That is a very nice web site.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

It all looks very nice but I’m not sure if I’ll be renewing my pro account this month. Seems a little over complicated for my tastes and navigating around is a lot slower but that might just be me!………also I’ve tried numerous amount of times to change my picture at the top, but I’m still left with the balloons
                          Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X