Got my 17-85 fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got my 17-85 fixed

Thanks Sara. I don't know why the previous links stopped working.
    Just worth keeping them in mind when you're looking for your next item.
    Last edited by NickM; 10-06-2013, 14:25.
    I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
      Cheers for that Nick. Yeah I see the 17-85 for £169. Oh well you win some and lose some lol. I am actually having a lot of fun with this lens, so the cost of it is superficial to me. I hate to see what the 17-55 is like or dare i say 'L' Glass on a FF.
      I love this lens - had the stuck zoom problem and fixed it myself, care of YouTube instructions - but now fine and really pleased with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyM42 View Post
        I love this lens - had the stuck zoom problem and fixed it myself, care of YouTube instructions - but now fine and really pleased with it.
        Starting to like it more, however, the post processing you need to do to your images means a lot of work spent at a computer screen in DPP. CA correction, and Distortion being two. You can't apply the settings to every image unless you open all of the images at once then use the tool palette. My computer only lets me open 12 RAW images before it goes nuts, so If I've shot like 70 images for Alamy It takes me ages to PP using that lens. I could use LR, however it takes longer as you can only export to TIFF then save as Baseline Standard in PS before Alamy will accept it. for some reason JPEGS exported in DPP pass through QC no probs so that's why I use that.

If I'm using my Tamron, I can nip in and out with very little PP.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
        X