String Tripod/Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Tripod/Support

Remember them? A new gadget is now available from 7DayShop.com - Steadepod. I just received mine and it looks good - will take on holiday to Mallorca and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Bawbee; 06-06-2013, 12:38.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Re: String Tripod/Support

In my day, when we didn't have a tripod with us, we used a loop of string.

Step in the loop, pull it taught and you have the next best thing to a monopod.
    Last edited by colin C; 06-06-2013, 14:58.
    Colin

Comment

Yep I remember that dodge, length of string, loop both ends. Put your foot in one and the other round wrist or round hand.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I use a tree, hedge, bin, fence, knee, or anything I can rest on. Loop of string sounds so much fun to watch people gasp near you lol
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

The loop of string idea also reminds me of the way Edward Fox made a gun mount by putting the loop round a small tree trunk in the film The Day of The Jackal. Could use the same idea putting the lens thru the loop instead of the gun barrell.

Last edited by NickM; 11-06-2013, 20:35.
          I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X