I've broken it already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've broken it already!

I've had my EOS 700D just under a month. At the weekend, I dropped my camera bag with the camera in it - it only fell about a foot on to tarmac, but when I took the camera out, the UV filter was cracked.

I managed to get the glass out with some tweezers, but I couldn't get the ring off - I tried everything, string, elastic bands, a "grippy thing" and rubber soled slippers, but nothing would budge it.

I contacted a local camera centre and the extremely helpful guy said, "bring it in and I'll have a look". I brought it it and after a struggle he managed to get it off.

I really have to say a big thank you to Phil from Beverley Camera Centre (East Riding of Yorkshire) - didn't even know you existed until recently, but I'll be back!

Just as well I had the filter fitted - the lens is fine so it did its job.
    Last edited by Jock; 18-06-2013, 06:10.
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: I've broken it already!

Beverley Camera Center i know it well, Small shop but full to the brim of old and new stuff always worth a look.And as you've already experienced personal service.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Sorry Story Jock, however you have reminded me that buying a better bag should be next on my list :)
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Glad it turned out good in the end.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Good outcome.

If it happens in the future (a stuck filter), try using large cable ties, the grooves in the cable tie kind of fit the grooves of the outer filter, with a few short/sharp tugs of the tied end of the cable, it can usually unstick a stuck filter.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

An unfortunate accident with a good ending and nice to find examples of good service.
            Colin

Comment

Working...
            X