Any Tips for Cleaning Camera Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Tips for Cleaning Camera Bags

Hi, I've just upgraded my 350D to a 7D with grip. (So far very pleased with it. First proper outing tomorrow for some racing.) As a result of being bigger I've dug an old Tamrac (system 6ish equivalent) shoulder bag out of the garage and was planning on using that instead of buying yet another bag.

However it is now smelling very moldy despite having silica gel in it. Is there a way to refresh it / kill any lingering mold spores as really don't want them infecting my camera kit.

Could it go in the washing machine....?

Thanks

H

Re: Any Tips for Cleaning Camera Bags

Hello Hoopix and welcome to the Forum.

If it were me, I would point it out to Mrs C, look very, very disappointed, question how am I ever going to clean this up? Wouldn't even know where to start? Now comes the clever bit: ............. put on the sad puppy dog look.

At that point she melts, mutters how useless men are in general and me in particular, takes the bag and in 20 minutes or so, it comes back looking brand new.

It's like magic, but the magic needs a little fuel now and again and the fuel consists of compliments, or flowers, or chocolate, or sometimes a combination of the above.
    Colin

Comment

Listen to Colin! In my experience on this forum, he is usually.... no, wait a second, always right!

Welcome along BTW
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Hello H and welcome to the forum

Originally posted by digiman View Post
        Listen to Colin! In my experience on this forum, he is usually.... no, wait a second, always right!
        I totally agree with Colin too.
        If you want Mrs C's address where to send the flowers and camera bag then send Colin a PM.

Honestly a brush or a damp cloth will usually clean off most of the dirt.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

And perhaps a vacuum cleaner with the crevice (ooh matron!) nozzle.

Comment

Working...
          X