watermarks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watermarks.

I know its not everyone's cup of tea but can someone give me some instructions on how to put a watermark on some of my images.
    Can I use different types of graphics ?
    Do I need a graphics tab ?
    I use Photoshop CS6
    Also I can't find the copyright C on my keyboard. (the letter C surrounded by a circle )

Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: watermarks.

Hi Alan, I used a guide similar to this one (it's the same for Photoshop). To create a copyright symbol, use 'alt + 0169 on the keyboard'.

Whoops, I forgot the link ...

Last edited by AndyA; 29-07-2013, 17:41.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Hey Alan,

Like Andy said its the above code for the © symbol, however, I normally create a text layer, and work with it there. They way you can alter it as much as you like and move it about. Opacity normally about 30% with a colour of about #cccccc

I've started doing it differently and incorporating it into a part of the image, like an upward post, or a step i stairs.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Alan
        I used a similar method as that shown in Andy's post #2, I saved mine as a brush in PS so I can use it as part of an PS action. The action creates an image suitable for posting on this forum. The action resizes the image and adds a couple of additions to the canvas size in black and white then adds my © signature from the saved brush preset.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi Alun,

I designed a simple logo in photoshop and saved it as a brush. It can be resized, recoloured and added in a single click.

uploadfromtaptalk1375132304114.jpg

Comment

Rather luckily both my entries for this are for CS6:

I'll start with this, which I like as a technique for good but not too obtrusive watermarking:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvJv463PA0 "How to add a watermark to your images by Karl Taylor"

This is also a good tutorial (she didn't get too far doing tutorials, which is a pity as I think she does it well):
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3nu5o09wI0 "How to Watermark Multiple Pictures in Photoshop CS6"

John
            Last edited by DrJon; 29-07-2013, 21:32.

Comment

Alan, I don't know if you're using a PC or a Mac, but on the Mac, I use a program called iWatermark. As I use iPhoto for my photo manager, I have it set up to export via iWatermark - I just select the colour of stamp I'd like and everything else is automatic. It can stamp camera and lens settings as well.
              Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

I also use iWatermark which I think is also available for Windows. On the Mac you can create the copyright symbol with alt+g keys

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.
                  It took me a while to work out to use the numbers keys on the right instead of the top of the keypad, when inserting the copyright symbol.
                  I noticed when I used the text tool in Photoshop it wrote from right to left.
                  Can this be changed to left to right.
                  Heres a quick edit of my first attempt.

watermark test (Medium) by balscot, on Flickr

Still can,t decide if its too much.
                  Obviously it can be placed anywhere depending on the image.

Once again many thanks.

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by Guesty View Post
                    Hi Alun,

I designed a simple logo in photoshop and saved it as a brush. It can be resized, recoloured and added in a single click.
                    That looks great Guesty.
                    was it easy to do.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Campbell View Post
                      was it easy to do.

Alan
                      Well it must have been Alun, as I managed to do it! I think I used a you tube tutorial. I'll try and the link.

I didn't opt for the (c) symbol as copyright is implied whether the symbol is used or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X