Sunley Electronics dot com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunley Electronics dot com

About 10 days ago I ordered a Canon Digital Compact from the website of this Company, which was claimed to be 'in stock' on the website. My card was charged immediately, but I am still awaiting delivery. I have twice been promised delivery by certain dates (only after emailing to ask why the delay), but nothing here yet.
    I tried phoning this morning, but no reply, and when the call went to voice mail I was advised that the mailbox was full. I have emailed to cancel my order, and asked for an immediate refund to my card. I live in hope.
    Anybody else had problems with or knowledge of this company?
    Quentin

Re: Sunley Electronics dot com

Haven't heard of them, but thanks for the warning on this company.

Tom

Comment

Sorry no. I Have'nt heared of them either.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Hello Quentin. Just thought I might mention that if you had paid for the item with your credit card you are entitled to get a refund either from the supplier or your credit card company under section 75 of the Consumer credit Act 1974. A little known fact is that even if you had made payment with you VISA debit card, you are entitled, in most cases, to get a refund under the "chargeback" rule. Many customers don't appear to have heard about this.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks guys.
          Nathaniel, yes, I am aware that I can pursue through my credit card, MasterCard. Only trouble is, when I phoned them, that office that deals with things like this, is a 9 to 5, 5day week office, grrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
            Thanks guys.
            Nathaniel, yes, I am aware that I can pursue through my credit card, MasterCard. Only trouble is, when I phoned them, that office that deals with things like this, is a 9 to 5, 5day week office, grrrr!
            That's a pain alright. So battle stations on Monday eh?
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nat I just googeled .. 'get a refund under the "chargeback" rule'.

Found a lot of stuff that I was unaware of ... so thanks for that. (Diolch)
              [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                Nat I just googeled .. 'get a refund under the "chargeback" rule'.

Found a lot of stuff that I was unaware of ... so thanks for that. (Diolch)
                So "doddering" Accountants like me sometimes fall under the category of "they also serve who stand and wait"!!!!!!! Glad it is of some help esp at this credit crunch times.

Comment

Just to round out this posting, I have at last received the camera, on Tuesday 20 August!
                  When I sent my 'cancellation of order' email I received yet another message saying that it was already with the courier, and would be delivered on Tuesday, so I did nothing to see what would happen. When it surprised me by arriving, I checked the courier's tracking system, and surprise, surprise, it was only collected from the seller on Monday, a full day after I was advised that it was already with the courier.
                  Anyway, I now have the camera, in a sealed Canon box with UK power plug, and have successfully registered it with Canon UK, so you could say that all's well that ends well.
                  However, I have no faith in a company that repeatedly breaks promises, and doesn't tell the truth when asked, so I for one will never use that company again, no matter how attractive the pricing.
                  Quentin

Comment

Good to know that all is well with the company and your goods.

Comment

Working...
                    X