bite the bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bite the bullet

well, the PC has finally given up the ghost - it was nearly as old as me.Typing this from the wifes lap top which i can say with all honesty - I hate. So, its off to the Apple Store on saturday. I think I really have had enough of windows to last me a lifetime. It just seems so cumbersome and bloated. Then its the new version of LR...more money!

Re: bite the bullet

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
    it was nearly as old as me.
    Not possible!

What you getting Rob? I'm looking at upgrading, just interested in your choice!

Good luck, Mike.

p.s. I don't think Apple kit comes in camo colours.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Rob, I am pretty sure if you talk to the support team at Adobe and tell them that you are moving platform they will probably give you a new key for Lightroom.

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
        well, the PC has finally given up the ghost - it was nearly as old as me.
        So upgrading the Antikythera to a Mac eh ;-) Enjoy the Apple shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          Rob, I am pretty sure if you talk to the support team at Adobe and tell them that you are moving platform they will probably give you a new key for Lightroom.
          Thanks Ian, but my LR3 was distinctly dodgy, if you know what i mean

Mikey..wash youre mouth out. Not sure on which model yet, but probably big and beautiful, like me.

MX...Ive got to look that up

Comment

I have the lovely job of an IT admin for a school, and we have 800 PC's and 8 Macs. We've had more problems with the macs than the PC's in the last year and they've needed to go back to the Genius Bar for new hard drives.

Given that, I'd rather do my photo editing on a 27" Mac than a 15" laptop lol
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
              I've found that my LR key works on both PC and Mac, and having looked through the license agreement I came to the conclusion that you were licensed for use on 2 machines (though by a single user), so switching platforms shouldn't be an issue.
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Find yourself a student Robin as they get 20% and more off new Macs that's a big saving.

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                  I've found that my LR key works on both PC and Mac, and having looked through the license agreement I came to the conclusion that you were licensed for use on 2 machines (though by a single user), so switching platforms shouldn't be an issue.
                  As I said-dead dodgy - well, free, actually!

And yes Paul, ive got a whole row of students outside my door, begging for a free beer!....sorted.

Comment

Have a lovely Mac now....and so does Mikep....naturally his is bigger and better than mine, but he is a youngster after all. Actually this is all a tad worrying...I buy a 7D - so does Mike - I buy a Mac - so does Mike - what next??
                    Still getting to grips with things and all my old pics need sorting out into folders (again)- that can want till a rainy day. A few other niggly problems but Im sure they will be sorted soon. Ah yes...the picture quality is amazing

Comment

Working...
                    X