How do you use your camera(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you use your camera(s)?

It was all cabin luggage apart from the tripod and flash which along with the laptop went in the case - I used to take more and the laptop in a larger bag until for the first time three years ago my bag was weighed and came in at 13kg - only had 10 kg limit so now travel light

One thing we could have done with was the back up body as today Dee's 7D has a problem - cant change exposure compensation which is stuck on -1/3, not too bad though with the bright weather we are experiencing at the moment

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

When we went on holiday earlier this year I took as carry on baggage my 5D3, 17-40, 24-105, 50f1.8 and 70-300L plus one 580 flash and a G15 compact. The kit all fits in my Kata backpack which still has room for the iPad, kindle, Bose headphones, glasses and some sweets. When I checked the weight it was below the 9kg limit.

i like to have the DSLR with me as well as a small compact.

Comment

My Holiday kit is a Panasonic GH3 with the 12-35 and 35-100 f2.8 zooms in a lightweight Kata bag. I can add a bottle of water (the bag handily holds it outside the main compartment) and still carry it all day, with a few bits of blurb, filters, etc. Adds up to 1750g inc the bag. My 5DmkII and the 24-105 would be a bit over 2KG and also looks a bit more worth nicking (although both sets of bits cost about the same). The GH3 also does better video.

If I want to be super-light I take my RX100.

For general use I flip between cameras depending what I'm doing. The big plus of the GH3 is the 70-200 f2.8 equiv lens is 360g and I carry it all day, always (it's really good). For the 5DmkII I'll usually carry less range of lenses and the 70-200 II only occasionally. I bought the EF40/2.8 specifically so I could also have a "standard" lens with me when I had a lot of weight in wide or long lenses.

Comment

Working...
        X