Members photographs in the galleries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members photographs in the galleries.

I have spent more than a little time looking through a lot of very good shots. I have not commented upon any partly because there are far too many for me to catch up on but mainly because any comment from me, I feel, would be inadequate. I can not offer any advice to my peers. I shall just look and try to learn, for the present.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: Members photographs in the galleries.

Hi Jay Jay, I'm sure any comments from you would be much appreciated by anyone on here, you don't necessarily have to write anything, I reckon someone saying they like a picture, or simply giving the means just as much to the poster.

Doug.
    Cameras... 7D, 350D
    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
    Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Hi JayJay

Can only echo Doug's comments. Everyone sees things differently and so all comments received are taken on board in that spirit. You don't have to give advice - sometimes you may want to question how something was done, or where the shot was taken. It's all good. That's certainly how I see it. I take your point about not being able to comment on every image you look at - I'm just as guilty and I blame it on the fact I'm just learning to process my own RAW images. But I'm attempting to comment on a few images each visit.

Cheers
      Scott
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Hey fella.

Comment away - if there is something that stands out in a photo or that really attracts your eye then say so, if there is something you don't like then say so (but nicely) or as has already been mentioned - just a 'nice shot or great capture' etc is always appreciated and it wont be long before the comments go both ways.

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I can't put it better than david

Comment

I agree, if you like or don't like a photo just say so to get you used to responding and as your confidence grows you will probably have more to say. If I remember rightly, not so long ago when DeeGee (Di) joined the forum she was in a similar boat and now she is one of the very top posters

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

As everyone has said comments are always welcome. There is some great work being posted and not all to my taste but I can appreciate the skill in achieving them.

Certainly post some of your images, you'll get comments but they will help you get better images, comments from others have certainly helped me.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Please comment away. I am a new member and have had very helpful feedback from images, and enjoyed viewing many others.
                And it's great to see an image and encourage the persone responsible, and maybe your feedback will help someone out.
                This is a friendly forum and I am sure people will appreciate your input.
                Andy

Comment

JayJay, I'll just echo what everyone else says; please never feel you are not qualified to comment. If you have a view, then it is a valid view. I am certainly no more than a merely competent photographer, but I do tend to leave comments where I can. The primary reason for doing this is actually selfish - critiquing is a great learning experience as it forces me to analyse why I do or don't like a particular image. And then if I've invested the time in thinking about it, why wouldn't I share that back with the photographer? Obviously I would always be constructive in any criticism, but that is just ordinary common decency.
                  But by the 'galleries' do you specifically mean the Albums under Community? If so, thank you for reminding me that they are there, because I typically only browse 'new posts' and I never even think to look in these. I've just had a browse around and you are right, there are some great images, but the sheer amount would perhaps be overwhelming to comment on all.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

JayJay don't feel that you can't post comments on other peoples work when I first joined I simply commented on the ones that stood out to me. I enjoy seeing other peoples work and your right there are a lot of exceptional photographers on this site but everyone started out as a beginner and everyone is here to learn and grow as a photographer.
                    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                    Facebook
                    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Always remember to keep a good sense of humour -for example if you say that the horizontals are not "right" and you are referred to Specsavers, just laugh it off- as has happened to me several times!
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I concur what everyone else has already said.Go for it Jay
                        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Jay Jay the guys have already said it, everyone has an opinion and a view about an image and they are all valid, not everyone will agree with you, me or whoever is commenting. Provided the comment is constructive and not nasty they are all welcomed and valid.

As Stan and others have said the more you comment the more your confidence will grow and you will learn and improve whilst helping others by providing another opinion or suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            I agree, if you like or don't like a photo just say so to get you used to responding and as your confidence grows you will probably have more to say. If I remember rightly, not so long ago when DeeGee (Di) joined the forum she was in a similar boat and now she is one of the very top posters

Stan
                            That may just be because I'm gobby.

But I will admit that it is nice to receive a comment on a photo even if it is just a like and thumbsup.
                            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                              That may just be because I'm gobby.
                              probably

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X