New PC etc ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PC etc ...

Just in case I was missed, Hee! Hee! I have been without a PC for about ten days. My upgraded one arrived yesterday. It has taken me all this time to almost get it the way I want it. Oh! How I dislike Windows 8. Of course, not being PC literate doesn't help either. Never mind, all 'seems' to be well now. Onward and upward.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: New PC etc ...

have you upgraded to windows 8.1 yet as it now has a start bar
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Re: New PC etc ...

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
      have you upgraded to windows 8.1 yet as it now has a start bar
      2Beers, in short,no. My main problem with PC's is fear of doing anything wrong and not knowing how to rectify it. However, I have come to the conclusion that Windows 8 is indeed two systems in the one. The Windows 8 'start' screen seems to be for those who have lots of these so called 'apps'. The other, accessed by going to the desktop, is for people like myself, who are more comfortable using the PC like in Windows 7.

I have set my PC so that on the opening start screen I click on the desktop icon and I am up and running. Also, I found much difficulty in getting my emails to run using the Windows 8 start screen app. On contacting Virgin Media for assistance their agent told me that they have had lots of calls about the same thing and that there seems to be an inherent problem with Windows 8 start screen and the email app.

This is only my second day using Windows 8 and I will get round to trying to use it from the start screen apps. I have two Windows 8 guide books that are pretty good, so I hope to improve in the near future. I shall look into installing the 8.1 shortly. Thanks for your suggestion, it is appreciated.
      Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Comment

Working...
      X