Monitor - Printer calibration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor - Printer calibration.

Once again a cry for assistance! I am experiencing difficulty in getting either of my printers, Canon MG5350 and Canon iX6550, to produce what I see on my comp. monitor. The prints always appear somewhat darker and duller than what is on the screen. My current camera is the Canon 550D. I always shoot in RAW, but experience this problem when using my 'point & shoot' cameras! Over emphasing the levels settings will help, but I feel that this is not the point in issue.
    I know that various gadgets are available to assist in this field, but what are the chances of my printer settings being in need of 'fine tuning'?
    Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks in anticipation.
    Mark K.

Re: Monitor - Printer calibration.

I use Spyder 4 pro and it was well worth it for me. I also invested in a Dell ultra sharp monitor which made a huge difference.
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

If you haven't calibrated your monitor then you will find it hard to reproduce the screen image on a print. I would try calibrating your screen and then see if the prints match. Apart from that I'm not sure as I get someone else to do my printing as it isn't cost effective for me to do it but since I calibrated my laptop screen what I see on the screeen is what I get back from him on print so I'm happy
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

I use spyder4 elite works ok for me
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I've been using the Spyder 3 Pro for some years now, and it does a great job.

What I see on the monitor matches what comes out of the Canon Pixma ip7250.

However, back-lit LCD monitors produce a very bright display at their default settings, and the Spyder 3 produced profile (which loads on start-up), turns the monitor display down to a sensible level.

Dave
          Last edited by Dave_S; 22-11-2013, 16:30.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like I will have to invest!

Comment

Working...
            X