Panamoz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panamoz

I am posting this so that members are aware of the excellent service I received from Panamoz recently.

I thought I'd treat myself to an early Christmas present by buying a Canon 6D and bought it through Panamoz mainly because of the good reports I had heard from members who had dealt with this company. I first of call contacted them and asked them if they gave any discount for paying directly via bank to bank transfer. They promptly said yes- a 5% discount.

I paid them them the full amount via my bank- they have a UK bank account- on Tuesday 26th Nov and mentioned that I was going away for a few days and to time their despatch so that I received the package this week. So they shipped the item on Friday 29th Nov with full tracking info,and the item was delivered to me yesterday (2nd Dec),via UPS. I was charged £28.63 by UPS being their admin fees and in accordance with Panamoz guarantee that all import and other charges would be paid by them, I requested the refund of the £28.63. This was promptly paid into my bank account today.

I hope members will find this excellent service of some use to them bearing in mind that many will be receiving or giving photographic gifts at this time of the year.

Good luck.

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Panamoz

Glad all went well with Panamoz Nat, it's nice to hear a positive experience for a change and the prompt refund of the "admin charges"

Enjoy the 6D
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Well done. Shall we expect some superb landscapes from Wales?

So what next, replacing your dearly departed 300mm?

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
        Glad all went well with Panamoz Nat, it's nice to hear a positive experience for a change and the prompt refund of the "admin charges"

Enjoy the 6D
        Thanks Steve. My enjoyment will only be complete once I know how to handle the Wii & GPS.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by George Bear View Post
          Well done. Shall we expect some superb landscapes from Wales?

So what next, replacing your dearly departed 300mm?
          George, without being accused of false modesty, I am really,really missing my 300mm. One never knows what I will do next coming close to 79years next year-though I am reasonably fit due to my previous sporting prowess and regular exercising at my local gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            I am posting this so that members are aware of the excellent service I received from Panamoz recently.
            That was my experience too Nat.

Enjoy the 6D.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Thanks Steve. My enjoyment will only be complete once I know how to handle the Wii & GPS.
              You know, Nat, despite citing the inclusion of WiFi and GPS as excuses (sorry, reasons ) to buy the 6D, I now hardly use either! The battery drain associated with GPS just isn't worth it for me, and I rarely remember to switch it on when out and about. WiFi is something I use periodically as a remote-release/live-view, but more often than not I just use my wired remote release!
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Steve, thanks for that. I was aware of the battery drain when WiFi & GPS are switched on. I bought the 6D as it is much lighter than the 5D mk2 which I sold sometime back because it was on the heavier side and also I found the price of it was dropping fast. I find the 6D is very comfortable for me and pleasantly surprised to find that it also had a hot shoe connection- not usually associated with FF cameras. The GPS I will most probably use as I like to know/remember where I took the photos for my own notes and coffee table albums. I will take spare,fully charged,batteries when I am out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                  You know, Nat, despite citing the inclusion of WiFi and GPS as excuses (sorry, reasons ) to buy the 6D, I now hardly use either! The battery drain associated with GPS just isn't worth it for me, and I rarely remember to switch it on when out and about. WiFi is something I use periodically as a remote-release/live-view, but more often than not I just use my wired remote release!
                  Same here! I mean't to use the GPS in Dubai but kept forgetting to turn it on. Wifi, I use the android app sometimes but usually when a wired remote is needed (I don't have one) I just use the 2 second delay.

Enjoy the 6D Nat and good to hear about Panamoz.
                  TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Working...
                  X